He's Mine

"You've met her before?"

My throat closed up and anger burned in my stomach.

Percy stammered over his words. "Um, last winter. But seriously, I barely know her."

"She's kind of cute."

Why would I say that? Why? Now he's going to think I'm some kind of jealous bitch.

Percy blinked. He blushed and stuttered out. "I-I never thought about it."

I looked away from him so he wouldn't see the hurt in my eyes. I kept walking toward York Avenue.

I wasn't sure who this Rachel girl was, but I was sure of one thing. I wasn't a fan of the way that Percy looked at her.

•••

"Hey? Percy?" I knocked on the half open door of the Poseidon Cabin.

It swung open easily.

I stepped inside.

He smiled at me softly from his bunk. "Sup' Wise Girl."

I grinned back at him, although my smile wavered when I saw what he held in his hand.

Percy saw me staring at it and seemed to realize that he was still holding it. He quickly shoved it under his pillow.

"That was..." my voice trailed off, I tried not to seem hurt.

"Uh," Percy sat up in bed, his cheeks turned slightly red.

"So..." I felt embarrassment fill my body, I tried to keep my emotions down, "You keep photos of Rachel under your pillow now?"

"Um. No. I was just..." his voice trailed off as he saw my face.

I glanced away from him.

"I mean... It's not what it looks like. I wasn't- She's not..." his stopped talking. He sounded confused, like the whole scenario shouldn't have been happening in the first place.

I agreed.

"I-I... uh...," I swallowed, trying to figure out what to say next, "I'll see you at dinner."

I then turned from the cabin, walking briskly out the door, my heart hammering loudly against my chest.

"Wait! Annabeth!" Percy jumped up from his bunk and raced to the door of his cabin, but by then I was already halfway down the green, with no intentions of looking back.

I felt like crying, which was stupid, but sometimes that damn kid could be so ignorant.

I clenched my fists tightly, longingly searching for a memory from a few years ago, when Percy Jackson had kept a picture of me with him at all times.

It made everything seem a little better.

But just a little.

•••

"You want to talk about it?" Silena asked gently, putting a hand on Annabeth's shoulder.

"I don't know," I grumbled, flopping onto a bunk in the Aphrodite Cabin.

I had come looking for advice about "the situation."

"He likes you, Annabeth."

I sat up, and glanced at Silena worriedly. "Does he though? I can't even tell anymore, Silena. Honest."

Silena rolled her eyes, but a smile stayed on her face to assure me that she wasn't really annoyed. "Honey, he travelled across the country to save you six months ago. If anything, the kid loves you."

I sighed. "He did the same thing for Grover. He would have done the same thing for anyone. It's his fatal flaw."

I lay back down, facing away from the Daughter of Aphrodite.

Unfortunately, I just felt worse then when I had come in.

Part of me wished that Rachel Dare had never existed. It would've made my life a whole lot easier.

Silena sat down next to me on the bed. "He likes you, Annabeth. You won't ever be able to convince me of otherwise. I see the way he looks at you. Everyone sees it. Maybe he doesn't realize it yet, but he will one day, and I swear it'll be worth it. One day, this other girl, it'll be like she never existed."

I tried hard not to breakdown. I took a steady breath. "You say one day? Well how about far away is that day?"

I could practically feel the smile that slipped onto Silena's face. "Sooner than you think. I promise, it'll be soon."

There was a moment of silence.

"He's yours, Annabeth. Don't you let anyone take him away."

I smiled.

Silena was right.

I wasn't sure what would happen with Percy and Rachel. I wasn't sure what would happen with Percy and I.

But I knew one thing.

Percy Jackson. One day he'll be mine.

.

I HAVENT UPLOADED IN OVER A MOTNH, I AM SO SO SO SO SO FUCKING SORRY. SO SORRY. GOD. FUCK. SHIT. AHHHH. sorry. anyways, someone suggested to me to write the whole "Percy Rachael shit" from annabeths point of view :) i did not do it justice, and i know this is rather splotchy and not well put together, but i came up with it quickly and really just wanted to put something out there. anyways, lmk if you guys like it!! don't forget to comment and vote! love you all 🥰

-annie