Meant To Be In Love

"Trust me, Fish Breath," Athena growled, "Nothing is going to happen between them. My daughter is smart enough to avoid associating with one of your Sea Spawn."

Poseidon gave a light chuckle as he leaned back in his throne, "Fish Breath? Is that the best thing you could come up with?"

Athena huffed angrily, opening her mouth to speak again before being interrupted by the latest segment of Hephaestus Television.

The two gods turned to face the flickering screen.

"So if the gods fight," Percy's soft voice broke through the hall of the Olympians, "Will things line up the way they did with the Trojan War? Will it be Athena versus Poseidon?"

Annabeth snuggled against a black backpack in the corner of a transport truck. "I don't know what my mom will do. I just know I'll fight next to you."

Athena gave a sharp intake of breath. Poseidon raised his eyebrows slightly, apparently too shocked to look smug.

"Why?"

Annabeth sighed. "Because you're my friend, Seaweed Brain. Any more stupid questions?"

The Television cut out.

Poseidon frowned. "Well at least that girl of yours knows how to come up with a catchy nickname."

•••

"It's obvious that your stupid kid has a crush on my Annabeth!" Athena shouted across the throne room.

The council of the Olympians watched with wide eyes as their favourite reality show evolved in front of their eyes. Some looked bored, some scared, some excited.

"As if!" Poseidon shouted back, "Your trying to tell me that Annabeth doesn't have a thing for Percy. Do you see the way she looks at him!"

Athena growled, "And did you see the way your son held her at the bottom of Siren Bay? Friends don't hug each other like that, Poseidon."

Athena stood to leave when Apollo interrupted her.

"Would both of you shut up for one second! The latest update on the love story of the century is about to begin," Apollo cried out with glee.

"Love story of the century?" Athena and Poseidon murmured together as they turned towards the television screen shimmering in the corner of the throne room.

The smiling faces of Annabeth and Percy appeared on screen.

The gods went silent.

Annabeth and Percy were being paraded around on people's shoulders, shouts and cheers raining out in every direction.

"Oh my gods! Aren't they just adorable," Demeter cooed.

Annabeth leaned over and kissed Percy on the cheek.

A round of squeals rang out through the Olympians, mainly coming from Apollo.

"Gods, how precious is that?" Aphrodite yelped.

Athena's face turned bright red. She stormed angrily from the hall.

Poseidon stared at the screen, watching the replay of the kiss over and over again.

A light smile traced his lips. It turned into a chuckle, and then a hearty laugh.

He sat back, wiping his eyes, "Well I guess it's no question now who's kid has a crush on the other."

•••

Athena sat with her arms crossed, staring with a dull expression at a Hephaestus Television programme.