"I love you..."

"Percy" Annabeth giggled, her voice soft.
I grabbed her by the hand and swung her into my arms.
"Yes, wise girl?"
She glanced away from me, and then back up into my eyes. Her face was an expression of complete happiness.
I opened my mouth and spoke before she had the chance too, "I love you, Wise Girl."

I looked into her eyes, my heart swimming with emotion. I pulled her even closer to me, her heart pumping against mine.

Its that feeling, that feeling I get that I just can't shake away. It's that feeling of pure contentment, of utter bliss. It's that nagging feeling in the back of my head that constantly pounds there, and I can never throw it away. Because I know in my heart that it's always going to be there. And maybe I don't think it yet, but that feeling is always there, it's something strong, something my mind can't help drifting towards. I know I'm too young, but I don't care when people say that, because it doesn't matter what they think. So I tell those people that I agree with them, and I say it isn't going to happen. But... I know it is. I know that the feeling is true. I know that I'm going to marry this girl, I know I'll love her forever.

Annabeth smiled.
"I love you too, Seaweed Brain."

...

Annabeth laughed. I couldn't help my heart from melting, even after all this time, that laugh still filled me with the purest happiness I had ever known. She smiled at me, her eyes glinting. Then she leaned over and cupped my face in her hands. She planted a light kiss on my cheek.
I gulped, "I love you, Annie."

I sat there, wrapped in blankets, thinking about the happiest memories the two of us had ever shared. She held my hand, gave me a sideways smile and played with my hair. She laughs. I smiled. I still haven't shook that feeling. It's four years later. It's still there, smacking me hard every time I see her. Forever. I know it's going to be forever. Even once I've finally worked up the courage to ask her to marry me, I know deep down that the feeling won't leave. Marriage doesn't mean forever, it's just one step closer to that infinite bond. So I wrapped my arms around her, and I waited for her to reply with those sweet words. This time, I don't try to shake the feeling away, I embrace it. I know that I'm going to marry this girl, I know I'll love her forever.

She gave a small smile and brushed my cheek with her thumb.
My heart exploded when she replied with the most familiar words, "I love you too, Perce."

...

I placed the ring on her finger, sliding it into her elegant hand with all the gentleness I could muster.
"I love you, Annabeth."

Its happening. The moment, the feeling, that has been pounding in my head all this time, it's finally coming together. It's 3 years later. We'll be married soon. We can move in together, have kids, settle down. Oh, I've never loved anyone like I've loved this girl. How her eyes sparkle and her lips curl into a smile.
How her laugh can fill the most glum room with a feeling of pure joy.
Pure joy.
Yes, that's what I'm feeling right now. Pure joy at the thought of marrying Annabeth Chase. Pure joy at the thought of spending my whole life with her. I glanced up, holding her hand tightly in mine. Forever. It's happening. I'm marrying this girl, I know I'll love her forever.

Butterflies arouse in my stomach as she looks at me. Her grey eyes shine in the evening light. She picks up the ring. She slides in onto my finger. I let out a long breath. She kisses me.
"I love you too, Percy."

...

"Come on, Charlotte!" Annabeth laughed.
She stuck her hand out, grasping onto our daughters nimble fingers.
"Let's get em' Ethan!" I called.
I swooped our son up in my arms, smiling as he squealed with pleasure. I sighed, dropping him onto my shoulders. I looked up at Annabeth. Our eyes met. She gave me a sweet smile. I felt my face break into a grin.
"Love you" I mouthed.

Forever is perfect. I would never want to spend forever with someone else. We have kids now! Kids! Some people say that kids put stress on a relationship. Those people are idiots. Those people don't know what true love is. Nothing can get between true love. Nothing at all. I smile as I look at her. I couldn't be more happy. I've made so many bad choices in my life, but the one good choice I made, the one thing that I know I won't ever mess up, the one thing I can always count on, that one thing is Annabeth. So, as I stand there, one of our kids on my shoulders, the other running between us, laughing like crazy, I smile to myself. I know that the nagging feeling at the back of my head is finally coming true. I'm not afraid to shout it out to the world, to scream it for everyone to hear. Because now, forever is a promise I can keep. I'll stay with her until we give our last breaths. That feeling has become a promise, I promise that I intend to never break. I'm still married to this girl, and I know I'll love her forever.

She rolled her eyes at me, laughing.
She shook her head playfully and mouthed, "Love you too."

...

"Shhh. It's okay. It's okay."
There are tears in my eyes as I whisper the words.
"It's okay, Wise Girl," I clutch her hand, "We can get through this."
Annabeth shook her head. I gripped her hand harder.
"Look at me, look at me" I said strongly, "You aren't getting away from me that easy. I made a promise, I'm going to keep it."
She gave a small sigh.
I kissed her wrinkled skin, "I love you, Wise Girl."

Forever. I told her forever. I promised forever. Forever had lasted 38 years. It's hard to see her like this. I try to stay strong, but with my wife lying in a hospital bed, clinging to her last hopes for life... I took a deep breath and thought of all the good times. It didn't come easy. I didn't crack a smile once. My heart couldn't bear the thought of losing her. I didn't know what to do without her by my side. I loved her, I really loved her, loved her more than anything in life. She completed me, she was the biggest part of my life. I couldn't say goodbye. I'm married to this girl, I promised I'd love her forever.

She looked at me, a smile broke through her cracked lips. We hadn't used the nicknames in so long. Too long. I smiled back, this time it was a genuine one.
She took a shaky breath, "I love you too, Seaweed Brain."
Then she closed her eyes.

...

I stroked the wood. The coffin was beautiful. Carved with intricate designs. I knew Annabeth would have loved it. I looked down at my hand. My bony, wrinkled hand. I was old now. We had been old for years. But not old enough. It came too soon. I sighed.
I bent down to the coffin and pressed my lips against the wood.
"I love you, Annabeth."

It was too much. I couldn't deal with all of this. Sprawled around the funeral hall were countless pictures. I decided to focus on them, at least it made me think about better times. I found myself smiling, something I hadn't done in a long time. I smiled as I looked at the pictures. Pictures of us. Me and her. Husband and Wife. We were so in love. So perfectly in love. I felt tears press against my skin. Felt them slide down my cheeks. I smiled and I cried. I thought about the day that I had made my promise. The day I had stopped considering the feeling that always lingered in my mind, and decided to act on it. I thought back to every  time I had ever told her I loved her. Every time that she had said it back. I wiped away my tears. I used to be married to this girl, and I told her I'd love her forever, I am proud to say I kept that promise.

I stood up, walking away from the coffin. When I made it to the end of the hall, I turned around, my heart laced with pain.
"I love you..." I whispered, my voice barely audible.
It was the first time she didn't say it back.

Thanks to everyone who reads these!!! It means a lot. Hope you enjoy :)

-Annabeth