Soulmates

AU: A world in which when you turn 18, the first words that your soulmate says to you appear on your wrist.

Percy grabbed my wrist, spinning me around. My nose was inches from his. I stared into his swirling green eyes. I tried to say something but nothing came out. Looking at him I was literally speechless.

Percy grinned at me. He was missing one of his front teeth, like a typical seven year old.

"I loooove you." He leaned over and tried to kiss me.

I ducked out of the way. "I don't even know you."

"Kiss me!" He cried.

"No!" I shouted back.

"Yes!" He said again.

I pushed him away and sprinted across the yard. He followed me, just as fast.

"Go away," I shouted, but my voice was carried off in the wind.

"Never!" Percy cried gleefully.

"You are so annoying," I groaned.

He caught up to me again, just as the school bell was ringing, signalling the start of the first day of first grade. He grabbed my hand and before I could pull away he whispered. "I know."

~~~

"Ready, Beth." Piper squealed.

"Ready." I said with a deep breath.

A group of my friends sat around my bedroom. Lounging on the floor, covered in blankets, eating snacks.

"10 seconds!" cried Thalia.

"I bet it's something really cute," Hazel whispered.

"Totally," Piper said under her breath.

"5 seconds!" Reyna giggled. And Reyna hardly ever giggled.

I steadied my wrist, preparing for the words that would ultimately change my life.

"Okay," Hazel breathed, checking her phone. "Midnight. Officially your 18th birthday."

"Check it! Check it! Check it!" Thalia yelped, shaking my shoulder.

"Shh. You'll wake up my parents." I said, but I had to admit I was as excited as they were.

"3...2....1," I said, slowly pulling my sweater sleeve away from my wrist.

I frowned a bit when I saw the words. My wrist read "I love you."

My friends gathered round. They all gasped when they saw it.

"'I love you?'" Reyna asked, sitting back down. "How could someone's first words to you be that?"

"No clue, but it sounds romantic," Piper flopped onto Annabeth's bed dramatically.

I stared at the floor. Suddenly everything made perfect sense. I pulled out my phone.

"What're you doing, Beth?" Hazel asked curiously.

I scrolled through my contacts until I found who I was looking for. It was someone I hadn't been in touch with for years. Freshman year was the last time I had seen him. Seeing his name made my heart flutter.

"I'm calling my soulmate," I said stubbornly.

The girls laughed until they realized I wasn't kidding.

"Wait, seriously?" Thalia asked.

"Seriously. Let's just see if he picks up."

The phone rang twice, and the caller picked up.

"Percy Jackson?" I asked, smiling to myself. "Hey, it's Annabeth Chase. We need to talk."

Ehhhh, it's a drabble. i know it's sloppy, but hey, the idea sounded a lot cuter in my head. Anyhow, i'm trying to update more often, so check back here weekly to see what you've missed :) don't forget to comment and vote!! Love you guys

-Annie