Soulmates - Part Two

(READ PART ONE FIRST)

AU: A world in which when you turn 18, the first words that your soulmate says to you appear on your wrist.

*fourth months later*

"Percy Jackson?" I asked softly, my voice shaking nervously.

He turned around, and all my fears suddenly melted away. His smile lit up the little coffee shop that we had decided to meet in. His eyes shone with mischief and excitement.

"Well, well, well." He smirked, spinning around in his chair to face me. "If it isn't, Mrs. Annabeth Chase."

~~~

"Hey, I'm sorry that it took so long for us to... re connect." Percy mumbled, fumbling with the collar of his shirt. "Between school, and my job, and family..."

I laughed as Percy blushed a bit. I remembered his incredibly sweet yet over protective mother - Sally Jackson. Not that I could blame her for keeping an eye on Percy, her son had a knack for getting in trouble.

"Your mom's doing well, I take it?" I smiled a bit at the memories.

He blushed even harder. "Yeah. Same old, same old. She's doing good."

There was a moment of awkward silence before I asked the question that had been burning in my mind for months. "So, you've already turned 18, haven't you? Your birthday is August 18th, isn't it?"

"Nice memory, Chase."

I had to restrain myself from rolling my eyes at him. "You've known who your soulmate is for almost three months and didn't bother to tell me! Even after you knew that you were mine!"

"Thought it would be fun to tell you in person." He grinned at me, a stupid, cheeky grin that I had definitely grown to miss.

I stared at him expectantly. "So?"

He smirked at me, pulling his shirt sleeve down and revealing his wrist. He stared at it admirably for a second. Than in an awful imitation of my voice, he said the words. "I don't even know you."

I couldn't help but smile. I remembered the day we had met like it was yesterday.

Percys eyes seemed to shine even brighter as he stared at me. "We're really soulmates, huh?" He said in disbelief.

I bit the inside of my cheek, butterflies swirling in my stomach. "Who woulda thought?"

"I mean I did my fair share of hoping back in high school." Percy said, his cheeks turning rosy once again.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "C'mon, you moved away after freshman year, we didn't even get the full experience. Plus high school is over, this is the real world."

Percy smirked at me. "And, oh, how lucky I am to get to spend my real life with you."

It was my turn to blush. "Shut up, Jackson."

There was another moment of quiet. Other conversations drifted in and out around the cafe.

I bit my lip. "Well, what do we now?"

"Well I'm guessing you wouldn't appreciate it if I started making out with you right this moment." Percy flashed me an adorable wink.

I crossed my arms with a snort. "You guessed right on that one."

Percy gave me another smile, his hand scratching nervously against the back of his neck, his eyes crinkling up in the cutest way I had ever seen.

It had been so long since we had seen each other last. And the four months since my birthday without being able to act on what was destined to happen had been absolute agony.

It was still a painful memory to think about the time when I had moved away from New York almost 5 years ago, and had moved away from Percy.

"I really missed you, you know?" He said, reading my mind.

"I really missed you too, Perce."

"We have so much to catch up on," he muttered, shaking his head in disbelief. "Kinda crazy that we missed out on so much of each other's lives."

"Tell me about it," I said with a light laugh.

"You wanna talk about... everything, over some coffee?" He pulled out his wallet, "I'm paying."

I took a deep breath, a slow smile spreading across my lips. "Yeah. Yeah, I would love that."

Percy stood and made his way over to the counter. I watched him go. I thought back to the very first day of school, the first time I had every met Percy. I never imagined I would be sharing a coffee with him over a decade later, knowing that he was the one.

Knowing that he was my soulmate...

So many of you requested a part two of this series!! I originally wasn't planning on making one, but then I thought I might as well do it. Plus it was hella fun to write. Hope you enjoy :)) don't forget to comment and vote! Love you guys <3

-Annie