7/11

I've been going to 7/11 since I was four years old. I used to go every single Saturday, to the exact same store. My dad would take me after soccer practice. Every time I would get the exact same thing. A 22 Ounce Blue Raspberry Slurpee.

I stopped going when I turned 13. Dad was too busy for 7/11, Dad was too busy for me.

I haven't been in 4 years, but the same old 7/11 is still standing there. Two and a half blocks away from my house, at the corner or Rogers and Smith.

One day, after a particularly long and intense soccer practice, I decided to go check it out, just for the nostalgia.

As I walked through the store, I thought that absolutely nothing had changed from the last time I'd been there.

Same chips lining the shelves. Same worn out 80's music blasting from the beat up stereo on the counter. Same lottery tickets packed against the walls.

It looked exactly like it did when I was 4 years old, nothing had changed.

And then I looked up.

His eyebrows were scrunched together as he scanned a large newspaper, witch hid his face entirely. His skin was tan and glowing. His dark, messy hair was shoved into a backwards baseball cap. His muscular shoulders were were left exposed by his loose tank top.

"Hello?" I said with uncertainty.

He didn't look up from his paper. "Hello there."

"What happened to Mr. Blofis?" I asked tentatively.

The boy set his newspaper down. "He retired a few months ago. I run the store now. I'm his step-son. My names Percy."

I nearly choked when I saw his face.

The kid was gorgeous.

"Oh." I said, coughing slightly. "I'm Annabeth."

"Nice to meet you, Annabeth," Percy said as he picked up his newspaper again.

"Uh, yeah," I mumbled.

I heard him chuckle lightly behind the paper.

I blushed furiously and walked quickly to the back of the store where the Slurpee machine stood.

I grabbed a cup and filled it with my favourite drink from when I was a little kid. Blue raspberry.

I walked back to the front of the store and set my drink down at the counter. I pulled my wallet out of my soccer bag.

"Whatcha reading?" I asked Percy.

He set down his paper once again, "Oh, I'm not actually reading it. I'm just holding it up so I look professional and important."

I waited to see if he was joking, but it appeared he was being serious. I felt a small smile growing on my face.

"Well I'll have you know that you look very professional," I murmured with an eye roll.

Percy leaned forward across the counter and raises his eye brows, "Was that sarcasm, Annabeth?"

I felt an oddly pleasing chill roll down my spine as he said my name.

"Indeed it was, Percy," I mimicked his expression.

He laughed hard and my heart did a gymnastics routine inside my chest.

What the fuck is wrong with me, mooning over some guy I just met?

"Is that all I can get for you today?" Percy said, flashing me a smirk.