Someday

Ever since the day I was born, Annabeth Chase has been a part of my life.

There's never been a time when she hasn't been dating my older brother, Percy.

When I was a little kid, I used to ask Percy about Annabeth all the time. Who she was? Why she was always here? Why they did this weird thing with their lips whenever they thought I wasn't looking?

Percy would tell me the same thing every time I asked about her. "Annabeth is my best friend."

When I was four years old, I finally started to realize that best friends don't look at each other like that.

I asked Percy again, and he told me the same thing. "Annabeth is my best friend."

Now, I might've been a little kid back then but I wasn't stupid. You'd have had to be a complete idiot not to know that they loved each other... loved each other as more then friends.

I was six and a half when he proposed.

Best Friends? Yeah right.

I had just turned seven when the wedding was held. It was nice. I was the flower girl. They had chocolate chip cookies instead of cake.

Percy and Annabeth talked to each other at the wedding, and everyone watched them, completely silent. Later, Mum told me it was something called vows, an internal bond of love. I didn't really understand it back then.

People were crying during the vows. And when I looked closer, I saw that Percy and Annabeth were crying a bit too.

I don't understand love.

After the wedding, I asked Percy why he was crying. He told me this; "Someday, when you're standing up there, saying how you truly feel to the person that you love most, you'll be crying too. Someday, you'll find someone that you love more than anything, and all this will make sense."

I stayed quiet for a minute. Finally, I asked him this; "But I thought Annabeth was just your best friend."

Percy smiled at me, and I realized that he was crying again.

That made me sad. I didn't think he should get married if he was crying every two minutes about it.

Percy pulled me into a hug and whispered in my ear. "I never said that we were just best friends."

Sometimes, Percy got confusing when he was emotional.

Percy leaned back and wiped his eyes. "Yes, Annabeth is my best friend... but she's also the love of my life..."

Well, I think about that a lot now. It makes sense that you'd want to marry your best friend. I just hope that I find my best friend someday.

I was ten years old when me and Annabeth were watching Finding Nemo.

We sat on the couch, wrapped up in blankets. Annabeth had fallen asleep thirty minutes into the movie, but that always happened. She breathed softly, a small smile splayed across her lips.

A few minutes later, I heard quiet footsteps.

I looked up and saw Percy standing in the doorway of the living room, Chase Jackson clutched in his arms, sucking on his thumb and sleeping soundly.

Percy stared at Annabeth. The love in his eyes was the brightest thing I've ever seen.

Percy walked over and placed a kiss on Annabeth's forehead. "Isn't she beautiful?"

I nodded, turning back to the T.V while Percy gazed at his wife.

I closed my eyes.

I'm only ten years old, I'm still a kid. Maybe I don't know much, but the one thing that I do know, is someday, I want to love someone as much as Percy Jackson loves Annabeth Chase.

Ahhhh. Just a short one for ya guys. Estelles pov? I wrote it quickly? Sorry if it sucks? Anyways, it's just a drabble, but I wanted to get something up so I can try to keep my goal of posting weekly. Let me know if you guys like this different style! Don't forget to vote :)

- Annie