10. Party

Drew

I finish my History assignment when my mother knocks on my door. "Drew! We're leaving!" I walk to the door and open it. My mother does not look as excited to go on vacation with my father as I thought she would be. There is something odd about her mood. She usually gets thrilled about vacations. "Should I be worried about leaving you alone with Haley for the next few days?" She gives me a concerned look. Is that the reason she does not look delighted to leave?

I want to assure her and put her mind at ease. "You have nothing to worry about." I give her a hug and she hugs me tighter. "Go have fun. You deserve it. I'll take good care of Haley." I mean what I say. It is a promise I intend to keep.

After what feels like an hour, my mother lets go of me and steps back. "Okay then. I left Haley in her room. Behave, especially around her." She gives me a warning glare and points her index finger at me. "Oh and don't burn the house down."

I laugh and shake my head. She knows I am terrible at cooking because I always end up burning the food or getting burned myself. "I'll order take away to keep the house safe."

She smiles, then her expression turns to concern. "Aren't you coming to say goodbye to your dad?"

"Of course." I go downstairs with her.

Haley has probably locked herself up in her room because I do not see her around. I say goodbye to my father and wish them both a good vacation. I carry my mother's suitcase to the uber and she hugs me one last time before she gets into the car. As soon as the car drives away, I rush inside to start setting up for the party.

I carry the keg from my room to the kitchen. I had it hidden in my wardrobe under the piles of clothes. I fill it up with beer, then take out the red cups and place them on the dining table.

Haley's voice from behind me startles me. "That's a lot of beer." How long has she been standing in the kitchen doorway?

I turn to face her and rest my hands on my hips. "You came to help or judge?" I do not ask in a rude tone but a playful one.

I take in what she is wearing and I almost have a heart attack. She is wearing a black boyshorts and a white T-shirt that covers the boyshorts. If her shirt was black, I would assume she is not wearing anything underneath. I hope she does not intend on wearing that attire to the party or else I will lock her up in her room myself.

She walks toward the fridge and opens it. "I came down here because I got hungry." She reaches into the fridge for something. "Can I have this?" She pulls out a yoghurt from the fridge.

"Of course." I shrug, trying my best to keep my eyes on her face, not wandering down to her body to her boyshorts.

She closes the fridge. "Thanks." She moves to get a spoon from the top drawer where my mother puts the cutlery.

When she is about to leave the kitchen, I stop her. "Wait." I have no idea what I want to tell her. I stopped her only because I do not want her to leave. I run a hand through my hair thinking of an excuse to keep her here. "I think it is better if you eat that here, in case you spill." I feel so stupid right now. What a lame excuse.

"I'm not a baby." She looks offended.

"I'm not saying you're a baby. Everyone should eat at the dining table." My heart is pounding as she walks to the dining table and sits down.

"I'm only eating here for Ashley's sake not because of what you just said." She opens the yoghurt and starts eating.

I relax. "Is that all you're going to eat? I'm planning on ordering pizza if you'd like."

"Okay. I like pepperoni." She does not say anything more than that.

I order a pepperoni for her and a capriciosa for me. Then I continue to set up for the party - lights and music. My friends are supposed to bring some snacks too.

When Haley finishes her yoghurt, she goes to her room without saying a word. I let her go because I have no idea how to keep her in the same room with me. After I finish setting up, I go rest on the couch and sleep takes over me.

My mind drifts to Haley. She is lying in my bed with her blond hair spread on the pillow. Her eyes are staring straight into mine as I hover on top of her. I lean down to kiss her lips and she parts her lips in response. The kiss is soft and sweet. Then my lips travel down to her neck and I suck the soft skin there. She moans and it is music to my ears.

The doorbell brings me back to reality and I wake up from the most amazing dream ever. The dream was cut short and it left me with this feeling of want and need. I walk to the front door and open it to find Jason and Brody. They both carry two bags each.

"Snacks are here," Jason announces, raising his bags.

"What were you doing?" Brody asks. I do not understand why he is asking until I look down to where he is looking - my junk. There is a huge bump. Dreaming about Haley has made me hard. I cannot tell my friends the truth though.

"I was watching p**n," I lie.

Brody chuckles. "Let's get these snacks ready before the rest of the gang show up."