42. Betrayal

Haley

It has been two days since we confirmed that my father is also Mona's father. It also confirmed that we are half sisters but I do not like her one bit. There is something about her I cannot quite put my finger on. I do not trust her. My gut tells me to keep her at a distance.

It's Friday and Drew planned for us to go to a bar with our friends to take my mind off of everything that has been stressing me out lately, including my father's house arrest.

"I'm going to take a shower," I tell Drew.

"Need any help?" he teases with a smirk.

"Maybe another time." My tone is dead serious.

His face falls.

I do not mean to be harsh with him but I am not in the mood to fool around. I have not been in such mood in days or weeks. I have not been keeping track of time recently.

"I'm sorry." I walk up to him. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

I rest my hands on his waist and he holds my face in his hands.

"I understand. You don't have to apologize. I didn't mean to push you to hard. I know this isn't a great time for you but you will get through all this because you're the strongest person I have ever met."

I do not realize that tears fell down my cheeks until he wipes them away with his thumbs. He kisses my forehead gently and then lets me go. "Go take a shower. I'll wait for you."

I feel so guilty for being harsh with him in my tone. I should not have used that tone with him. He has been such a gentleman throughout the time we have been together. He has not pushed me into things I did not want to do. He always respected my wishes. He always respected my decisions.

"Ready to go?" Drew asks me when I'm all dressed up.

I kept my make-up simple and I have a black dress on. It was the first dress I found in my wardrobe because I did not have the energy or willingness to look for something better. This will have to do. Drew wanted me to wear a dress. It was the least I could do after what happened earlier.

I nod at Drew who is wearing come of his best clothes - a gray shirt and black slacks. He is a sight for sore eyes. I take a minutes to appreciate his look.

"You look beautiful," he says.

I smile. It has been a while since I last smiled. "Thanks. You too. I mean- You look handsome."

He laughs at my comment. "Let's go." He takes my hand and we leave.

Before we get into his car, Mona shows up. "Hey there. Where are you heading?"

What is this bimbo doing here? We did not invite her. She is wearing her usual skimpy clothes.

"Hey," Drew replies. "We're heading to a bar to meet our friends."

I wanted to elbow him in the ribs for giving her any information. I do NOT trust her.

"Great!" She jumps with excitement. "Which bar?"

"Bad Boy."

I wanted to elbow him again.

Mona, being the pain in the a** that she is, invites herself to join us. She does not leave us with much choice when she climbs into Drew's car. She climbs into the front seat next to Drew.

Oh hell no. Not happening. That's my seat.

"Excuse me, that's my seat," I tell her.

"Oh sorry, I didn't realize you had your name on it."

How dare she?

"She always sits next to me," Drew steps in.

Thank you. I give him an appreciative smile.

Mona steps out of the front seat and takes the backseat.

We pick up Amy and Jenny on our way to the bar. They are surprised to see Mona in the backseat. They have not met her before today but I told them enough about her that they recognize who she is immediately. I told them everything about my father too. They reeled from the shock of my father being under house arrest for theft.

The parking lot of the bar is already almost full by the time we arrive. Good thing we car pooled. Drew takes my hand and we head inside. We find his friends already drinking at the bar and Jason is already half drunk judging by his unsteady body as he moves to hug Drew.

"Hey bro!" Jason shouts over the music.

Drew lets go of my hand to keep Jason from stumbling to the ground. "You need a break from the booze." Drew turns to face me. "I'm taking him outside for some fresh air. Will you be okay with your friends?"

I nod. "Of course."

Drew takes Jason out of the bar.

"Let's dance! I love this song." Jenny pulls both Amy and I to the middle of the dance floor. We have no choice but to dance with her.

I somehow manage to forget about all that's happened with Mona and my father as I let loose on the dance floor with my best friends. I have no idea how much time has passed when Brody comes to steal Jenny away from us - to make out, I assume. I turn to look for Drew.

My jaw drops when my eyes land on him next to the bar with Mona plastered to his front and kissing him.

What the hell? 

The sight before me makes me want to puke. I am bristling with rage.