13. Bar

Haley

Amy and Jenny accepted my invitation to come with us to the bar. I do not have a fake ID so I have no idea how I will be able to enter. I have not told Drew yet. Amy was the one who reminded actually. Surprisingly she has one already and so does Jenny.

I am already dressed and ready to go when I knock on Drew's door to tell him about the ID problem. When Drew opens the door, his eyes rake over my body from top to bottom and back up. I am wearing a tight, blue dress. I am not comfortable in it but it is the only thing I own that is appropriate for a bar. Drew is wearing a simple jeans, a green shirt and a casual white jacket. I should have worn something casual like he did.

"Are you wearing that to the bar?" he asks in astonishment.

"I can go change." I feel like such an idiot.

He looks down at his watch. "We don't have enough time."

"There's a small problem too." I do not know how to tell him this. Is it normal for someone my age not to have a fake ID? "I don't have a fake ID."

He runs a hand through his hair and exhales loudly. "You've never been to a bar before?" He pauses and I shake my head before he continues. "I know a guy who can help us out. I'll call him on the way. You should get a jacket with you. It's a bit chilly outside."

"You really should have wore thights under your dress. You're shivering," he comments after he hangs up the phone. He turns the heater on and I immediately feel better. We are in the car on our way to pick up Amy first and then Jenny.

"I don't like wearing thights. They make me itch. I didn't have anything else that is appropriate for a bar." I never wear skimpy clothes like other girls. If he does not like that, he can go to hell. "Sorry I'm not sorry you don't like it."

"I do like it actually, but so will all the other guys at the bar. I'm going to have to smash their faces against the wall." He seems on edge and irritable now. Does he really care that much?

I attempt to calm him down. "You don't have to do that."

My attempt at calming him down is futile. "I will, if anyone looks at you the wrong way." Will he actually do that? I remember how he attacked Leo for trying to take me to bed with him. Drew was a totally different person. His rage took over his rationality. However, I am thankful he saved me from that a**h***.

I stay silent until Amy joins us. "Hey Amy, have you met Drew? Drew this is Amy."

Amy is also wearing a tight dress but hers is dark pink. Her make-up is flawless, unlike mine.

"I know." Drew is still in a bad mood after what we discussed. I notice he is avoiding looking my way.

"Hi." Amy's voice comes out as a squeak. Does she like Drew? I should not be surprised. All girls like Drew and he is a player just like the rest of the male species.

"Hey," Drew mumbles without even looking at her.

Amy grins widely and look back at me. "Are we still planning on going to a bar? Did you get a fake ID?"

"That's where we're going after we pick up Jenny. Drew knows a guy who can help us out."

When we stop at Jenny's house I am surprised by how magnificent her house is. It is a modern with huge glass windows. Jenny never mentioned that her parents are rich. I wonder why. Jenny is wearing a white catsuit which suits her perfectly, especially in contracts with her dark skin. I love the fact that she kept her afro hair natural.

I continue to chat with Amy and Jenny while Drew drives. We arrive in front of an abandoned warehouse and we follow Drew toward the back of the warehouse. A garage door is open and we head inside. It is very different on the inside. First of all, the place is fully furnished, and secondly, it looks habitable. You would never guess that from the outside. On one corner, there are musical instruments - including drums and guitars - so I am assuming the owner, or whoever is currently living here, is in a band.

"Drew, my man, haven't seen you in ages." A dark-skinned guy with multiple tattoos and piercings waves at Drew. He is wearing ripped jeans, yellow sweater and a beanie. He does not look much older than Drew.

Drew shakes his hand in a friendly manner. "It's good to see you again Gregg."

They slap each other's back and turn to face us.

"Who are these fine ladies?" Gregg asks, eyeing us from head to toe.

Drew slaps the back of his hand against Gregg's chest. "Off limits. I need you to make a fake ID for Haley." Drew points at me.

Thankfully the process of making a fake ID does not take as long as I thought it would. We manage to get to the bar a few minutes late but we are not the last to arrive. Leo and Brody are running late. We get into the bar without any problems. The bar is not too crowded so far which is a good thing I guess.

"What would you like to drink?" Drew asks me when we reach the bar.

I do not know any names of drinks except soft drinks. "Uh... I don't know."

Drew chuckles at my response. "You've never had a drink before, have you?"

I shake my head embarrassed. "Please don't order anything alcoholic for me."

"No alcohol." It's not a question. He turns to Amy. "What would you like to drink?"

Amy looks at him in bewilderment. She replies when she regains composure. "I'll have a... Blue Hawaiian, and if they don't have that, I'll have a Pina Colada."

Drew turns to Jenny. "And you?"

"I'll have a Blue Lagoon."

Drew orders a Blue Hawaiian for Amy, a Blue Lagoon for Jenny, a beer for himself and a Virgin Colada for me.

"I hope you like it," Drew says as he hands me a white drink.

I take a sip to try it first. It tastes like coconut, which is good - better than I expected.