04

I woke up an hour before my alarm went off and I was ready to go back to sleep when there was a knock on my door

I woke up an hour before my alarm went off and I was ready to go back to sleep when there was a knock on my door. Who is up and running at 6 am and why do they think I'm up at this time? As the knocking continued I realized I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep as I was now kind of, if not fully awake. 

I sighed and got up to answer the door before whoever was knocking knocked the door down. If I had a roommate they could open the door instead of me, but oh no my parents wanted Ben and I to have our own room like at home.

I opened the door only to be greeted by Fairy Godmother who was radiating nothing but happy energy with her smile.

"Good morning Bella, sorry to bother you this early in the morning but I forgot to bring this up yesterday. Can you walk the vk's to their classes, specifically their private class with me, remedial goodness 101." Fairy Godmother asked although it seemed more like an order.

"Of course Fairy Godmother, it would be my pleasure." I simply smiled and nodded as she went on about how she would've had Jane do it but she was too scared to go near them. Soon she finished talking and left. I closed the door and went back to my bed to bury my head in my pillow. Then I realized if I walked the vk's to their classes I could get to know them better, more specifically Evie, but getting to know them all was also cool.

I quickly did my bed and picked out an outfit for the day. A navy blue skirt and a yellow blouse. our royal colors, like father always said. I grabbed my phone and headed to the bathroom, not having a roommate meant I could play my music as loud as I wanted while in the shower without having someone to complain about it. By 6:40 am I was dressed and had my makeup done. As I finished drying my hair someone began to knock again. Please don't let it be Fairy Godmother again.

I went to open the door and to my surprise, my brother was on the other side of the door. We usually meet at the dining hall for breakfast in the mornings.

"You're up great!" He walked in uninvited. I looked at his outfit and realized he was also sporting our royal colors, blue and yellow. I might have to change from a blue skirt to a green one. Actually, maybe I should just change into a whole different outfit.

"Well, what's up brother?" I asked going over to my wardrobe as he sat on my sofa looking around like a lost puppy.

"Should I break up with Audrey?" He asked which caused me to turn around in a flash. "Yes!" I answered quickly, too quickly. I covered my mouth as Ben looked at me shocked.

"I thought you liked Audrey, aren't you guys still best friends?" Ben asked, I thought he was well aware of us drifting away. "Oh benny boo, I think Chad is the only one that likes Audrey around here. Forget that though, why do you want to break up with Audrey?" I asked going into the bathroom to change quickly.

"I know this is a bad time as my coronation is coming and we've been planning this since forever." Don't remind me brother, I thought walking out of the bathroom. "Plus, she's been involved in the plans but this isn't what my heart wants. Dad always says to follow our hearts..." Ben added looking down at his hands, it was obvious he was stressing out over this.

"Well, I mean if there's someone else you long for then it's only fair to break up with her rather than keep her around when you don't actually like her," I told him and I was being honest. I don't like Audrey, but she doesn't deserve to be strung along if Ben doesn't feel anything for her.

"Who is she? Do I know her? Of course I do, we know everyone here." I asked and he blushed? "I rather not say who he is," He responded covering his face.

"Who is she? What does she like? Am I friends with her? Will our parents approve of-" I stopped as realization hit me. Ben said 'he'. I gasped rather loudly and looked over at Ben. I guess he came to the realization of what he said and was about to get up and leave. however, I got to the door before he even got the chance to move towards it.

"He? Oh do tell brother, do tell." I smiled, if Fairy Godmother paying me a visit didn't wake me up this certainly did.

"Look I'm not sure what I'm feeling or if what I'm feeling is okay with our parents." Ben sat back down crossing his arms.

"Ben, you're going to be king in a matter of days, you can do whatever you want and it'll be fine. Plus mom is pretty open-minded, she'll accept us no matter what." I sat down next to him trying my best to reassure him that things will be okay.

"Us?" Ben asked looking at me with a smirk. "I meant you, she'll accept you!" I realized what I said practically outed me to my brother. "Yeah right, okay." Ben chuckled and stood up.

"I just have to think things over but I know I have to break up with Audrey before I hurt her feelings even more." Ben scratched the back of his neck. I nodded in agreement and looked at my alarm, it was bound to go off soon.

"So, how long have you been questioning this?" I asked. "I don't know, I guess one day I saw Chad shirtless and I felt some type of way that changed my view on everything from then on," he answered turning to face me.

"You've know chad for a long time which means... You've been questioning it for a while then huh? Dude, you know you could've come to me with any type of questions you might've had."

I frowned a bit, he should've come to me for help. I'm his sister and he should be able to trust me with stuff like this. Then again, I shouldn't make him feel bad for not coming to me if he wasn't ready to talk about it.

"Well, who is this boy anyway?" I asked. "Don't worry about him, I think I'm like 100% sure that I like guys. However, I need to make sure he does too." Ben headed towards the door to leave. "Alright, good luck with that then!" I said as he left.

Who would've thought that the king and queen would have two gay kids? Auradon is going to have a gay king, and honestly that's amazing.

Although I do wish it was me, I wish my parents had chosen me to be queen and take over the thrown. But no, they chose Ben. I'm happy for him though, after all, siblings should support one another.

[Word Count: 1221]
[Edited: May 27th, 2020]