53

third person p

third person p.o.v 

there it was again. the pink smoke and thunder. audrey had shown up to see the stoned vk's, ben and dude. she was proud of her work but there was someone she still needed to hurt. someone that took what she wanted. what she deserved. her crown, her palace, her status.

"i should just smash you all to pieces, really get rid of you but not yet. evie dear, i need you." audrey touched evie's cheek with the scepter. "this is going to be so fun to watch." and with that evie was brought back to normal.

"audrey? what happened? oh my god what did you do?!" evie took notice of the statues next to her. carlos, jay, ben, and even dude. 'was i turned too?' she asked herself.

"don't worry, i won't hurt them yet. or at least, it won't be me who does the hurting." audrey stepped forward and kissed evie.  evie had no time to react as the kiss was quick. before she could say anything her eyes flashed green, like mal's.

"evie!" bella calling for evie could be heard and audrey felt happy, that's no bueno.

"break bella's heart." audrey whispered into evie's ear before disappearing. if only those words didn't have such a strong power behind them.

"evie! oh my god what happened?" bella stopped a few feet away from evie as she saw the statues. "ben!" bella went to her brother as evie just stared. the curse was settling in. "how do we fix this? i-i mean does mal know what to do? evie? evie?" bella waved her hand in front evie as she noticed evie seemed lost.

"hmm? what? oh it's you." evie spat out the 'you' part. "yeah it's me... is everything okay? i-i'm sorry that i left you, i was upset and i shouldn't have been. evie, i'm so sorry, i just want to let you know that i love you and i know this isn't the best time but who knows if i'll ever have a moment to actually tell you that i love you." bella was right, who knows when she'll be able to say those three magical words to evie again.

"you love me? oh please, you don't even know me." evie only laughed at what bella had just said to her.

"evie-"

"oh shut up, god your voice is just irritating. you and all the people here in auradon. you don't know me, none of you know me." bella was confused, this is a side of evie she's never seen before.

"but hey, you want to know the real me right? well here i am." evie did a little twirl, her eyes flashing a darker shade of green. time to really hurt bella.

"so i've got some mischief, in my blood. can you blame me? i never got no love, and honey, your love doesn't count." the last few words hit bella differently. literally, they hit her. she felt a suddenly pain in her chest. like someone had stabbed her in the heart.

"so i'm a misfit, so i'm a flirt, just know what i felt wasn't genuine. if i were to ever actually be with a girl, you'd be my last choice. i mean look at you, a pathetic little girl. you couldn't get with someone like me, not in a million years. you're not loved, not my your parents, not by your brother, and especially not by me. i mean, you're parents obviously favored your brother over you. ben only gave you the thrown because he only felt pity for you. and i, well i only dated you because i really want to be queen. and after all, who doesn't." every word only cut deeper into bella's soul. the pain was strong, it felt like her heart was literally breaking. the thing is, it was.

it was breaking, with every word evie spoke bella's heart would rip. it could continue to rip until there was nothing left. until there was only a hole where her heart should be.

"evie, i-" bella couldn't speak as breathing became hard to do and she fell down. she felt weak and powerless. tears made their way down her cheek, she was weak. all she could do was cry and clutch on to her chest.

"i broke your heart, i made you hurt. well princess, you wanted to see the real me so there you have her. evie from the isle, i was a heartbreaker. i was, an evil queen like my mother. you thought i changed? you thought you saw good in me? well guess what, you were wrong. i'm a great actress don't you think? if i can make you think i actually liked you then, well then where's my oscar right?" evie went to stand next to bella. she crouched down to look bella directly in the eyes.

"i never loved you, and i never will. you were just someone in the way. a piece of trash i had to carry with me until i found a trash can, you're a nobody. if i can't love, nobody can. you don't even love yourself. you can love me all you want, but i will never ever love someone like you." that was all evie had to say for bella to finally break.

bella stopped breathing, she couldn't find it in her to keep going. 'evie was right, nobody can love me. i don't love me, and she- she doesn't love me.' was all bella could think of as she felt herself fade away.

"looks like my work here is done." with that evie got up and began to walk away.

audrey was watching everything through the scepter. her plan worked, now it was time to turn the others back. let them watch their queen die. let ben see his sister die.

once auradon wakes up, they'll have a new queen while the old one rots in the ground.

"hi benny boo, time to wake up and enjoy the show."