29

mal's p

mal's p.o.v

"what are you still doing here?" i hear someone ask me. i turn to see ben standing next to my locker. "oh i just forgot something in my locker, what are you doing here? someone said you ditched class again." i said quickly, the dude startled me.

"you okay? i saw you run here in panic." uh what do i say? wait before i could say anything he peeked into my locker and of course he noticed my spell book. shit. my only reaction was to close it. i might've accidentally slammed it shut.

"hey, i thought you donated that to the museum like six months ago." ben looked over at me confused. "right, yeah i mean growing up on the island you don't have much so it's hard to let go of what little you did have." great answer mal, thank you mal.

"oh yeah, i get it. well i'll see you later. gotta catch up on work i missed." "right, bye." as soon as ben left i opened my locker again and took my spell book. i couldn't risk leaving it here over night. i know they say no one steals around here but that seems to good to be true.

i rushed to the dorms before anyone noticed what i had in my hands, especially fairy godmother. she always showed up when you least expected her to. it was scary. i went to drop it off and noticed evie wasn't here, she was probably with bella. i was about to throw myself into my bed when i remembered i had to go see carlos. he had asked me for something and i have it ready for him. dramatic sigh.

on my way there i was bombarded by more news reporters. how did they even get inside? i bolted straight to carlos' room and prayed to the heavens he had his door unlocked.

thankfully he did and quickly shut the door once inside. i had to make sure to lock it. i was so out of breath, it hurt.

suddenly i felt eyes go green again and my head tilt back a bit. what is happening?

"woah, easy girl." carlos said from his bed. "what? you think this is so easy? you don't have people taking a photo of you every single time you try to get a moment to yourself." i snapped at carlos, which wasn't really fair but i was tired. these damn reporters never seem to leave me alone about the break up and my mother.

"you're right, it's not like i'm the one dating ben." carlos mumbled. oh shit, i forgot he has it even worse. some media outlets like to paint him as the bad guy for 'breaking up a perfect couple'. we were only together for like two-three days, and we didn't even like each other! plus i gave him a love spelled cookie so it doesn't even count!

"shit, i'm sorry carlos. i didn't mean to snap at you. i just can't take anymore questions about my mother and ben. i'm sorry you have to deal with this too. i mean, don't you ever miss screaming at people, and just making them run away from you?" i asked him. well carlos isn't super scary, but when it was all four of us people found him intimidating.

"you're thinking of my mother, and i was usually on the other end of that. so, not really no." so carlos and evie don't miss it. i bet jay doesn't either. am i the only one that misses it?