56

third person p

third person p.o.v

evie wiped away her tears as she walked down the stairs. it was time for her to be a leader and lead her friends to hades. she would make hades come to auradon, even if he didn't want to. she'll force him. she's never lost anyone close to her, and bella wasn't going to be the first person she was going to lose.

"let's go, we don't have much time." evie said as she looked at jay and the others. jay nodded and they all began to head out, evie felt like crying. that's all she wanted to do, cry. 'i hurt bella and ben was right, if bella died it would be my fault. i have to own up to it.' evie thought as they ran back to auradon prep. she shook her head, she had to focus on the mission.

"jay!" evie tossed the keys to jay once they reached the parked car at the entrance of auradon prep. so much running in one day, evie and the others were kinda tired not gonna lie. jay caught the keys and didn't waste any time to get the car going.

"hey, calm down okay. you're going to save her, i know you will." jay tried to calm evie down as she seemed ready to start hyperventilating. evie could only offer a weak smile in return. jay began to drive, going as fast as he could. he was definitely going over the speed limit, but he didn't care. who was going to stop him? everyone was asleep.

**

while evie and the others had run off to get hades, ben and carlos were getting ready to take bella to the castle. they couldn't keep her in fairy cottage forever, audrey could return and really leave her for dead. carlos was carrying bella bridal style as ben was having trouble doing anything really. i mean carrying your almost dead sister  back to the place you two grew up in isn't what ben pictured himself doing, well ever.

"ben, i know i can't promise you everything will be okay but you have to stay strong. for bella and yourself. bella wouldn't want to see you like this." carlos tried to find the right words to use but he couldn't think really. whatever he said would go in one ear and come out the other.

"how would you know? none of you know her as well as i do, do you even know her favorite color? her favorite food? no, none of you know her like i do." ben couldn't stop himself from snapping at carlos, he knew carlos was right but he was hurting. "you're right, i'm sorry." carlos knew ben didn't mean to snap, all he knew was he had to be there for ben and bella. and evie.

"i'm sorry." ben turned around and looked at carlos. "here, let me take her. i should be the one to carry her, she's my sister after all." ben went to take bella from carlos' hands but carlos wouldn't give her up easily. "no ben, you just lead us to the castle. don't worry, i'll be careful." ben just shook his head and extended his arms for carlos to hand her over. carlos sighed in defeat, ben wasn't going to give up so he handed bella to ben.

"guys wait for me!" dude's voice could be heard behind them, they left him in the cottage... oof poor dude. "this way, i know a few shortcuts." ben said as dude caught up to them.