49

third person pov

third person pov

"what took you so long?" uma asked mal as they regrouped and headed to the barrier. "hades is not an easy person to negotiate with." celia answered for mal. "what did you promise him in return for getting his ember?" jay asked, mal didn't know what to say and neither did celia.

"we'll discuss that later. by the way, where are our bikes?" mal asked as she took notice of the lack of bikes. "the kids who took them crashed them." mal was not very fond of this as she loved her bike, bought it with her own money and didn't steal it.

they reached barrier and jay opened it up with the key he had from the limo. now to find a way to get across. contrary to popular belief, there were two buttons to open up the barrier not just one.

"what now? you're gonna turn into a dragon and fly us over?" uma asked, which actually sounded like fun to the others. now they wanted mal to turn into a dragon and let them fly on her back. "don't be ridiculous, we can swim back." this did not bring joy to them. "hades said the ember can't get wet or else it won't work, remember?" celia reminded mal who groaned in response.

"here hand it over, if we do swim back i can take it. i know how not to get it wet." uma extended her hand for mal to give her the ember. "no, i am not trusting you with this." mal held up the ember and turned to look away from uma. she knew better than to trust her. celia however trusted uma and took the ember from mal.

"that was like taking candy from a baby." she said as she handed uma the ember. "hey!" mal turned to look at uma again. "look if mal won't give us a ride on her back, i can take us back. after all i do have 8 arms." with that uma jumped into the water, which earned her a scream from mal.

"girl calm down, it's safe with me." uma said once she rose from the water. her shell necklace was glowing, she opened it and inside was the ember. she grabbed harry and gil and they seemed excited. it's not everyday you get to ride an octopus. celia jumped in the water and uma caught her before she actually touched the water.

"that was fun! you guys should try it!" celia told the others as she was in uma's grip. jay and carlos looked at each other and shrugged. they did as celia had done and jumped in, uma catching them before hitting the water.

"come on mal, we don't have much time." evie said to mal as she let uma grab her. "fine, and only because if i turned into a dragon the people of auradon will notice and go into an even worse panic mode." mal let uma grab her too and off they went. uma got them back to auradon in no time.

riding an octupus was so fun, even mal enjoyed it.

"they're asleep." mal said once they arrived back to auradon, specifically auradon prep. "i can't get ben." carlos said as tried calling ben from his phone. "i can't get bella or doug." evie put her phone away as her panic grew.

"the signals out." jay stated as he looked at his phone. they couldn't reach anyone and they didn't know where everyone was.

"is that auradon prep?" celia asked, she hadn't seen the school yet. oop. "yeah, and when everyone wakes up you're gonna love it." carlos told her. he was in charge of guiding the new vk students around auradon prep next school year. he couldn't wait.