39

"queen bella!" lumière said

"queen bella!" lumière said. 'just breath' i kept telling myself. the trumpet players began to play as i came out. everyone began to cheer and applaud as i walked out, woah i know how to walk thank you.

"before we begin our evening of fun, i'd like to introduce a few friends of mine. i hope that we welcome them with not only our arms, but our hearts and minds open. we all deserve the chance to grow as individuals and i'm sure during their time here they'll realize that too. auradon please play nice and welcome our new vk's! come on out guys!" i stepped to the side and let the spotlight shine on uma, harry and gil as they began to walk out.

everyone was quiet. no one was saying a word, they all looked shocked but scared. okay maybe the need to see someone else interact with them other than me. that's how it was when the the other vk's arrived. yet, as if they read my mind, mal and jay went up the steps and offered their hands to the new vk's.

jay took harry and gil with him while mal took uma, everyone stared in confusion. my parents had no idea how to respond. this was the first time i had acted on spot without consulting my counsel, which was my family for now.

"why is everyone so serious? they're friends from back home, they're good. let's have fun guys!" mal began to dance with uma as the music began to play again. jay and gil joined while harry went to flirt with ben. evie soon joined them and so did carlos, taking his boyfriend with him as he didn't want to leave him alone with harry.

little by little many more people began to dance with the group. some talked to the new vk's, many complemented uma's dress, harry began to flirt with everyone, and gil just continued to dance, mostly copying jay's moves.

i was walking down when my parents stopped me. "why did yo-" i cut my dad off before he tried to scold me. "it is my duty to help my people and the people of the isle are my people, i saw these three and decided they needed my help most. but i also needed their help, to help me see and find great ways to help everyone. father i know you're still not on board with bringing more villain kids here, but i am their queen and i say that bringing them here will help all of us. now, if you'll excuse me i have a dance to attend." i bowed and went to join my friends.  you know, the whole my dad being a beast once doesn't help with my anxiety.

it was nice to see everyone dancing and welcoming in the new vk's. if they can be this open to them, then they can be open to any other vk we bring over. they can also be down to help the kids in whatever we need their help for.

i was having fun until i realized that i promised evie i would tell my parents about us tonight. i will, i'll do it because i am ready for everyone to see us together. to see who i really am, so i can be my truest self. but it was scary, what if they didn't accept me only because of my status. what if my parents get mad that both their children are gay? what if they start complaining that they'll never have grandchild?

"hey you okay?" evie asked, i looked up to realize everyone else was still dancing while i was just standing there in the middle. "yeah i'm fine." i smiled as i tried to get rid of any negative thoughts i had.