59

third person p

third person p.o.v

everyone in auradon was staring at prince ben and soon to be prince carlos as they celebrated their engagement. belle and adam watched as their son talked to his fiancé, never have they seen their son so happy. so filled with joy. they were happy for him, all they ever wanted was for their children to be happy.

"carlos and i would like to thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today. i couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my prince. so, raise your glasses, to your future prince of auradon!" everyone raised their glass along side of carlos and ben.

"speech your royal furness." jay yelled at carlos. "yes! speech your royal canine." evie joined in on the teasing, to the others it might've been confusing but carlos knew what they were doing.

"all i really have to say is that i'm glad i let myself be open to love as i've found it here in auradon. my background, it isn't pretty. my mother wasn't 
really a great mother so i never really knew what love was, what it felt like to have someone that really cared about me. when i met ben, i felt like i found everything i was missing. ben taught me how to love, he showed me love and care... i couldn't be more grateful to have him in my life. i hope you all find your ben some day, but not my ben. my ben is my ben." the crowd cheered and carlos felt ben wrap his arms around his waist.

"gosh i love you so much." ben whispered as he kissed carlos' cheek. "i know, i know."

after a bit of dancing and just celebrating ben and carlos, bella decided to speak. well not really, ben and her had already talked about this before hand and it was time to put it in motion.

"almost year ago, auradon opened its doors to four people from the isle. we know who these four are, we've grown to love them. they became our classmates, our neighbors, our team members, but most importantly our friends. recently, we decided to open our doors again and bring in four more new kids. young kids unlike last time. children are our future, that includes the kids from the isle. so today, today will go down in history as the day auradon open itself to the outside world and brought down the barrier. with these past events, we learned that evil can inhabit anyone. if we can forgive our own, we can forgive them too. so, mal, evie, jay, join me up here will you?"

evie looked at her girlfriend, sorry i mean fiancée, with pride. she was proud of bella, more than ever. that girl right there, that's evie's girl and she wasn't afraid of showing it. evie, mal and jay rushed up the stairs to join ben, bella and carlos.

"today, i stand here with the people who will join me in making auradon home to those who chose to make it their home. to new possibilities, to new friends and family's. would anyone like to say something?" bella turned to look at her friends. mal raised her hand slightly and bella nodded in support. she walked past her, she went towards fairy godmother to get something.

"i had an awful idea after hades' attack. my idea was to close the barrier for good, but i was wrong. you never know where the bad is gonna come from, and you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either. without uma and her pirates... auradon would be gone. and without hades, my father, audrey would be gone. we are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from. auradon is lucky to have a queen that is open minded. we're lucky to have these two wonderful siblings as our leaders, open minded and ready for change. like bella said, we'll all work together to bring auradon to it's full potential. as long as we're all willing to change, nothing is stopping us."