24

it's been six months since the coronation, six months since evie and i became

it's been six months since the coronation, six months since evie and i became... girlfriends! i still couldn't believe i got blessed with such a beautiful girlfriend, she's not a princess she's a whole goddess! despite us dating for six months already, i haven't come out yet and only close friends know we're dating. well doug doesn't know, he likes evie and we don't know how to tell him without losing him....

we also haven't gone public to our school mates because someone will tell their parents and their parents will tell mine. ben and carlos however, they have gone public, they got mixed reactions of course. people were confused because they all thought he loved mal, others were confused because he didn't "seem gay" and "why choose a vk" was also brought up a lot. in the end they all accepted him and carlos, although some news outlets keep trying to pin this as a publicity stunt. garbage people is what they are if you ask me.

mom and dad nearly had a heart attack when ben came out to them but they accepted him. it inspired me to want to come out, but i'm still nervous. i mean people are still getting used to having a queen, now imagine when they find out their queen is a lesbian and is dating a vk too. auradon is weird.

the day after the coronation, ben made a public statement talking about his 'breakup' with mal. he said it had nothing to do with the events that took place that day. he apologized to mal for dragging her along and hurting her feelings, to which mal responded by telling us the truth about the plan they had of stealing the wand and how she didn't actually like ben in anyway other than being his friend. but only to us, not our parents and not auradon.

oh audrey left school for awhile. she didn't really explain why, although i think it was for the best, she simply said it was a vacation, but a vacation in the middle of the school year? she wasn't pleased to have me as a queen, and she was still cold to the vk's. so she won't be around much, at least the vk's won't have to put up with her dirty looks and glares.

mom and dad made me apologize to chad for hitting him and to audrey's granny for insulting her. it sucked as they both deserved what they got, but i still apologized as it was the mature thing to do.

now to the present day, which is today. right now.

i was in a 'family meeting' with my parents and ben. my parents were congratulating me on talking to the other royal families and strengthening our relationships. i kept glancing at the watch on the wall waiting for this to be over, i had a date with evie to get to.

"now bella, with the cotillion coming up, we've noticed you don't have a boyfriend or anyone really. now we don't want to rush you but the cotillion is for you to introduce him to the people. we need to have the stained glass window ready with you and whoever the lucky boy may be." my mom looked at me as if she was waiting for me to admit i had a secret boyfriend. what was i suppose to say? again, i'm not ready to come out so i don't have many options.

"mom, bella isn't focusing on relationships right now. she's ready to set many things into motion, for her to do that she needs to make sure she has what she needs." ben looked at me and winked, thank the gods he's a quick thinker.

"like what?" i stood up, i was tired of sitting down so much and this seems like the right moment to talk.

"i want to start with the isle of the lost. i know we can't just round up every child there and bring them here, but they don't deserve to live in isolation from the real world because of their parents. i'm sure we can find them homes. we can send someone there to tell us exactly how many kids are there. we can send them supplies, we can see if some of the villains have changed! if given the opportunity to change, i'm sure they'll take it." i looked at my father, his face told me he didn't like the last part.

"villains can't change, i mean look at maleficent! she was on the island for so long and never changed! what makes you think they can't?" here we go again.

"dad you and mom's story is a prime example that people can change! you locked up grandpa in your castle because he picked a flower from your garden, which was for mom. you were cold and harsh to mom but you managed to change! if you can change, so can they. everyone is capable of change. we won't go after the big villains, we can start small. there are many other examples of change. i mean look at cinderella's step sister, anastasia. she changed and turned her life around. she made amends with cinderella. which leads me to another thing i want to set up once we get more vk's to come to auradon-" a timer went off as our family meeting came to an end.

"we'll finish this later honey, but from what i've heard so far, the people of auradon are lucky to have you. you're going to do so many good things for our people, including the people from isle of the lost, and we'll support you no matter what. your father is just a grumpy little beast." mom walked over to me as i looked out the window. i felt her hug me from behind, moms hugs are always the best. "thanks mom." i whispered. i can't believe it's taken me six months to start putting my plans into action, but i need to make sure everything is going the way it should before bringing more vk's.

speaking of vk's, there was a particular vk i had to see. i said goodbye to mother and ran out of the room. i had to change before leaving, what i was wearing was too classy for a simple picnic. i wasted no time to change and headed down to the kitchen.

mrs.potts was already there, waiting for me with a picnic basket and a warm smile. "thank you so much!" i hugged her before she handed me the basket. "my pleasure sweetie, have fun!" i loved mrs.pott, she was so nice and caring. she didn't even question me on who i was going to see.

i had to make one stop before leaving the castle, i had to get my bike. i placed the picnic basket in the basket that came with the bike. it was 2:30pm and i told evie i'd pick her up at 3pm, from the castle to auradon prep was 45 minutes on bike. i was determined to be there in 20 minutes.

after many short cuts and bumpy trails, i arrived at auradon prep at 2:55, now to get to the dorms. that wasn't going to take long but my legs were killing me. i have never peddled that fast in my life. a personal record.

once i arrived at the dorms i saw evie waiting for me. she saw me and lit up, i can't stand how cute she is. not only is she a fashion expert, a beauty queen but a genius. she was born with it all. she really wakes up and blesses us with her presence. she ran over to me and kissed me on the cheek. woah we're such a cute couple, my heart can't take it.

"hop on princess."