06

Mal's p

Mal's p.o.v

I sat with Jay and Carlos as I waited for Evie to join us. She was currently standing with Bella, they didn't seem to be talking at all until they got their food. Evie had said something and Bella said something to, obviously, they simply smiled at each other and walked towards us.

She asked if she wanted to sit with us didn't she? You know, for someone who's mother is literally called the Evil Queen, Evie isn't all that evil. She can be mean and a heartbreaker when she wants to, but she's good. Her heart is purer than ours. I mean she totally belongs in Auradon, which is why I don't get why us villain kids had to stay on the Isle for so long.

I snapped out of ranting to myself as Evie and Bella sat down across Carlos and I. I observed Bella as she ate. She looked like her brother, obviously because they were twins, but she didn't really look like her parents. Neither of the kids really inherited their parents' traits, which is why she and ben are attractive. She seemed shy but confident at the same time? Wait she's staring at Evie, why? Her eyes seem to be glossy as she stared at Evie... Wait, don't tell me, is she...?

"So, do you guys have any questions about Auradon?" Bella asked, snapping me out of my study session of her. I looked over at Jay and Carlos who seemed to give each other a look. "You do it," Carlos whispered and Jay simply huffed and rolled his eyes.

"Are uh, are you guys okay with gay people?" Jay asked in a whisper, and Bella gave him a confused look. Hmm, maybe she wasn't what I thought she was.

"I mean I've never really heard of any rule against it, I suppose they are and we just haven't paid attention to them yet. Don't worry though, you don't get in trouble for loving who you want." Bella explained giving Jay and Carlos a reassuring smile.

"Oh! We're not a thing, we're just asking for a friend." Carlos explained catching on to what Bella was implying. "Oh, my mistake, I'm sorry." Bella simply smiled and went back to her food. That's something everyone here seems to do. Smile. Don't their cheeks hurt?

"So, you must be really happy for your brother huh? He's going to be crowned soon isn't he?" I asked, I didn't actually care what she had to say though, she was obviously going to smile and say 'well of course'. Then it happened, I suddenly cared. Why? Because I saw her smile fade away and her eyes lost that sparkle of confidence they had a minute ago. Gosh, now I am interested, it seems I have struck a chord.

"I mean I should be, but I'm not. That totally makes me a bad sister though. I just..." She didn't finish her sentence. Oh please go on.

"You can tell us, we won't judge," I reassured her, jealousy always leads to evil doing. To revenge.

"I guess I'm madder at my parents than at Ben. I mean, why choose him you know? Am I not good enough? How many times must I prove myself worthy of being queen? Or do they just love Ben more?" Woah, it seems like she's been holding on to this for so long. Perfect.