68

third person p

third person p.o.v

"is everything okay?" evie turned to the door to see adrian walk in. he looked at her crouched down next to a body on the ground. time to act like he hasn't seen this yet. "oh my- did you?" evie wiped away her tears and shook her head. she could never hurt bella, voluntarily that is.

"no she ran in and when i caught up to her she was on the ground..." adrian thought about it, could he blame her for this? no, everyone here loves her so they won't believe him. he has to throw the suspicion off of him. he'll find a way. he knows he can.

"can you help me take her to the living room?" evie asked and adrian agreed. together they carried her to the living room and laid her down on one of couches. woah these were some fancy couches, why didn't evie and bella spend more time down here. heck there's even a fire place.

"she's pretty lucky to have you." adrian sat down on the other couch while evie sat on the coffee table next to where bella was laying down. he hoped that making conversation would gain her trust. she could convince bella to be with him instead of her.

"no, i think i'm pretty lucky to have her in my life." barf was all adrian could say. he didn't hate gay people, but he wasn't a fan of them. which means he's the h word. "maybe you're both just lucky to have each other." adrian wanted to punch himself for just saying that. god this man had some issues.

"yeah i like that." evie ran her hand up and down bella's cheek, her skin was soft and smooth. her cheeks were pale and rosy, like a porcelain doll. adrian didn't like this, according to him that should be him instead of evie. "i think she needs some ice, before a bump forms." evie agreed and excused herself so she could go get some ice. she left adrian and a unconscious bella alone. not a great choice evie...

adrian got up and took evie's spot. he held bella's hand and massaged it. he smiled at her bloody shirt, he could only imagine her taking it off and washing it off by hand. man this guy is a creep.

"you know what baby? i forgive you for hitting me across the face with a hot pan, i deserved that for scaring you. and i know you can forgive me for scaring you. don't you see, we're perfect for each other." adrian leaned down and pressed his chapped lips on bella's. what was he hoping for? that with a kiss she would wake up?

"this is all i could find... what are you doing?" evie asked as she came back, lucky for adrian she didn't see him kiss bella. no all she saw was him holding her hand and hovering over her. if she had seen him kiss her, boy would he be in trouble.

"i was thanking her for being so nice to me, and that i would do whatever i could to catch whoever did this to her. and then i thought she was waking up, but she wasn't actually." evie walked closer and sat down next to adrian as they watched bella. adrian took the ice pack from evie and held it under bella's head.

they began to make conversation about life on the isle,
agreeing on how it sucked but at least they were able to defend themselves. as evie spoke, adrian couldn't help but hate her more. she had a better life than him on the isle too? she had a gang that people feared, adrian only had himself. it wasn't a fair comparison as evie used people being afraid of her gang to help the children, the amount of children she was able to help was amazing. adrian on the other hand was one of the sources to the kids nightmares. coming into their rooms at night and scaring the hell out of them just to steal any scraps they had.