69

carlos' p

carlos' p.o.v

i woke up to my phone going off, who's calling at this time of the day? i let out a groan as i stretch to wake myself up. whoever it is, this better be important. oh it's bella, i wonder what she wants. i try to answer, but with the sun in my eyes i can't see the screen. after what seems like a bunch of tries i finally answer.

"what's up?" i asked groggily, it must be important if she's calling at this time. 7am, too early to do anything. "the hospital sent the test answers, do you want us to wait for you to open them or?" holy shit, the answers came in. okay i'm awake now, no more complaining because it's time to throw that perv out.

"i'll be over soon." "okay, i'll see you then."

i jumped out of bed and rushed through everything. i took a quick shower, changed into the first thing i could find and skipped breakfast. where are my keys and my phone? okay this might take a while... after a bit of searching i found them, next time i should do my bed before anything else.

i hopped on my bike and sped through the streets to get to the twins fortress. i'm pretty sure adrian isn't my brother, but there's always that small possibility. if he's my brother then i am disowning him. i'm trying to rebuild the de vil name and he just walks in here to ruin it? not on my watch you fucking perv. after risking my life by speeding, i made it to the castle and left my bike by the stairs. i just realized i forgot to put on a helmet... if ben finds out i wrote the motorcycle without a helmet, well i'm dead.

the guards let me in and i rushed up the stairs, i need  answers now. i didn't have time to knock on bella's door as she swung it open and pulled me in. i almost tripped as she let go of me, thankfully ben was there to catch me. well he kind of caught me, he had to let go of one crutch to catch me.

"no one saw you right?" she asked as she locked the door. i shook my head, i'm assuming she means evie and adrian and not the guards. i do wonder when she's telling evie about all this though. "okay good, here's the letter." she handed me the envelope and all i could do was stare at it. yeah adrian is a piece of shit, sorry not sorry, but if what he told is true... no, i shouldn't feel bad for him. having a tragic backstory doesn't excuse his behavior. i took the envelope and opened it, no wasting time.

"you've got to be kidding me, no this has to be a fucking joke." i reread the letter, there's no way he's related to me. "he's, my step brother? his mom is cruella, but it says that's the only connection we have. he's still my brother, i can't. no i don't accept him as family, fuck that guy." i felt ben rub my arms and bella take the letter from my hands.

"family doesn't end with blood." bella's right, but still just thinking he's my brother is gross. "so, now what?" she asked setting the letter aside. i looked at her and smiled. "your call. we keep him around or throw his ass out, what do you say?" we both knew what the answer was, the obvious choice.

"would you want to do the honors, or should i?" "you." bella smiled and left the room, she was gonna go throw out the trash. it was quite for a second or two before ben began to kiss my neck, and i wasn't going to stop him.

"someone's happy this morning." i joked as he began to move his hands around, typically i would sit on his lap but currently his leg wasn't okay. it's a miracle only one leg was hurt, how did he even survive that fall. before ben could actually go any further bella came back.

"he's gone." she said in a panicky way slamming the door. he was what? i stood up from the bed and rushed out the door, this has to be some sick prank. i ran to his room and bella wasn't kidding, he was gone. how is he gone? no, no, no, no, no!

i rushed back to ben and bella, we have to find him before he hurts anyone else. this dude was fucking crazy, yeah he's definitely cruella's kid. what do we do now?

"well find him! look everywhere, the schools, the shops, everywhere! i want him back now!" bella hung up the phone as soon as i came in, i didn't even think about him going off and hiding in places like auradon prep. he'd have to be an idiot if he thought hiding in the castle was his best option, but it didn't hurt to look.

"you two will look in the main floor and in the garden, with ben's leg and all we can't risk you being somewhere he can push you down or throw you out. we have until 6, with the party starting at 7, that should give us enough time. we can't risk the guest running into him and getting hurt."

with that we all split up, ben and i headed down to the main floor and bella began searching the top floors. i lost track of my time as we searched, ben took me through every room and part of the castle he knew. we came out empty handed each time, this felt hopeless but i couldn't give up.

"hey, carlos look at me. don't beat yourself up for this okay? it's not your fault, no one could've predicted he was... well let's just say unstable. we'll find him, i know we will." i knew ben was right, but i couldn't help feel like it was my fault. whatever, once i find him i'll give him a piece of my mind. show him who carlos from the isle really is.

"hey, any luck?" we turned to look at bella who was joining us outside in the garden area. she was all dressed up, was it six already? "none, you?" she shook her head and sighed, she blamed herself too didn't see?

"well evie is waiting for you in ben's room, she was not pleased to wake up to you gone so be careful. i'll do another check around here before the guest arrive." i looked at my watch and it was about to be 6, but after running around all day we had shower and all. i didn't even realize i was sweating a bit.

i helped ben up and we began to walk away when i heard a voice. i turned around to see adrian staring up at us from the fence, he had a giant smirk plastered on his face. i let go of ben and ran towards him, i'm not letting him get away again.

"not so fast little brother, you have to find me first. i was taking a stroll around auradon, avoiding the guards and all, when i learned some tricks. this time i'll make it easy for you, i'll either be in the forest or in the castle. you decided where to look. have fun." there was a cloud of smoke and i heard shuffling, when the smoke cleared up he was gone. oh come on not again! fuck this guy really.

a new scavenger hunt, i hate this. i'm going to kill him.

(sorry this was short and all over the place, i'll do better)