05

Evie's p

Evie's p.o.v

I sat on my bed for a while as I looked around. So yesterday wasn't a fever dream. We're actually in Auradon. This is an actual nice warm bed. Maybe staying wouldn't be so bad, but Mal is determined on stealing the wand and returning to the Isle. And wherever she goes, I go.

We still have to attend classes which was something I never thought we'd have to do. Back on the Isle we didn't really have school like they do here. Here you probably learn how to be nice and kind, on the Isle we learned how to be evil and better villains than our parents. I guess that's the only difference as those lessons did incorporate math, science, and English of course.

We didn't really have clothes so we'd have to stick to whatever we have on until we get clothes. I suppose I'll make myself some new clothes later, but for now, I have to make myself presentable. Like mother always said, looks will help you get a prince. Or a princess, you know I don't judge.

As I was doing my bed, Mal began to wake up, the light shining in through the curtains had certainly done the job.

"Morning Mals," I said as she got up from her bed covering her eyes to avoid the light. She really needed some sun though.

"Ugh, it's so bright. Oh god, we have school don't we?" Mal asked finally adjusting to the light. "Yes, but I doubt it's that bad, it's not like we're children. We're smart." I reminded her, she was the smartest person out of all of us, at least that's what she's always telling us. I've come to realize to not question Mal.

"Yeah but still, and then we have remedial goodness 101? Woah, they're so nice for making up a whole new class for us. It totally makes us feel like we belong. We're not that bad." Mal complained. I had to agree, I'm sure not everyone in Auradon is as nice as they say they are.

"I'm going to go freshen up." Mal walked into the bathroom. I stood there for a few seconds before I turned to look at the mirror we had and looked at myself. I took in all the flaws mother had said I had. Was she serious? Am I really that flawed?

My thoughts were interrupted, thank you to whoever it was, by someone knocking at the door. I quickly walked over before Mal got annoyed by the knocking. I opened the door and was surprised to see princess Bella with Jay and Carlos.

"Good morning Evie. I was asked to come walk you guys to class, but I thought you might like to have breakfast before class." Bella smiled as Carlos and Jay were making kisses faces behind her? Weirdos.

"Oh, of course, let me just fetch Mal real quick," I quickly closed the door, in case Mal walked out and wasn't ready yet. I didn't realize how hungry I was until my stomach began making loud noises. We never ate dinner last night... Fuck.

"Mal, are you done in there?" I asked grabbing my mirror and bag, this will come in handy later. I'm sure of it. "Yeah, why?" Mal asked coming out of the bathroom. "We're going to go eat breakfast." I smiled widely. We're going to be eating Auradon food, I bet it's all delicious delicacies.

"Alright, let's go then." Mal headed to the door. "Oh, princess Bella is joining us, Jay and Carlos are already with her outside," I said catching her up with our situation.

"You know you don't have to address her or anyone here really as princess or prince." Mal said shaking her head. "Yeah, I know, but I like it." I gave her an award-winning smile. She simply rolled her eyes and laughed.

We exited our room and saw Bella with the boys waiting for us at the end of the hall. We quickly caught up to them and began our small journey to the dining hall. It was quite until Bella decided to speak up.

"I guess you guys slept like babies last night, right?" She asked looking over Mal and I. "Why do you ask?" I asked. "Well, I didn't see you guys at dinner last night and figured you hit the hay early," She replied and I realized that we spent the night planning and going to the museum.

"Oh yeah, totally. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we had the best sleep in years last night," Mal said quickly before any of us spoke.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that! Oh, by the way, I'm sorry if any of you feel weird about having to take remedial goodness as a class. My brother and I had no idea that you would have to have to take a class on being good." Bella gave us a smile that made me feel like she actually felt bad for us.

"Yeah it's weird, nothing saying 'welcome and we hope you feel like you fit in' than making us take a stupid class on how to be good." Mal made a face. "Trust me when I say not everyone is as good and perfect as they say they are." Bella reassured us.

"Especially that Audrey chick." Jay perked up which earned him a laugh from of us, even Bella. We finally reached the dining hall, and it was huge. It smells amazing.

"Here," Bella guided us to where the plates where. "it's a breakfast buffet which means grab as much as you want of whatever you want. However, lunch and dinner are served by the staff every day." She explained handing us our plates and silverware.

"Dig in!" She said, Jay and Carlos were quick to do so. I looked over at Mal and we both walked over to look at the food. There was so much to choose from. I didn't even know what to choose from but it seemed like Mal, Jay, and Carlos already filled their plate up.

"Need any help?" Bella asked coming up to me. I blushed as I realized I was taking forever to decide on what to grab. "A little maybe," I answered shyly. What had gotten into me? Usually I only pull this when I want something.

"Well you have many options, I personally wouldn't grab pancakes as waffles are much better. If you're not into that you can grab a muffin of any kind. Then there are the fruit salads, but if you're not feeling any of that there are many cereals to choose from. Or you can head over there and ask for an omelet. Or just go with the classic eggs, bacon, and a side of pancakes." Bella explained pointing at everything there was. "Oh, there's also bagels and donuts. You can also ask for any type of breakfast sandwich you'd like. If you're not feeling any of that then there's fruit or a variety of yogurts." I looked at her and then the food. That's more food than what we had on the Isle.

"An omelet sounds nice." I smiled and she nodded. "Here, let me help you." She said and led me to where the cooks were. "Good morning, I would like an omelet with broccoli, tomatoes, and cheese please." Bella told one of the cooks, who then turned to look at me. "Uh... I would like the same thing please." Shoot, I got nervous, and I never really get nervous. "Coming right up!" Said the chef oh so kindly.

I wanted to make small talk while we waited for our food but I didn't know what to say exactly. I mean what do you even talk about, 'hey last night we tried stealing Fairy Godmothers' wand but failed so you'll have to put up with us for a bit longer'. No, obviously not.

Fuck, maybe we do need to take remedial goodness.

[Word Count: 1354]
[Edited: May 27th, 2020]