28

I was happy. I used to smile a lot and I would believe my mom and dad's stories about getting smile lines on my lips or if I laugh too much, I would have to get my laugh box removed from my stomach but I knew that they got that from spongebob, but a little part of me did believe that I had a laugh box inside me and even that didn't get me to stop laughing because even though we didn't have much, we had each other and we had friends and money and a house where we had a roof over our head. When my father died, I didn't believe that I would ever be able to smile or laugh again but many people proved me wrong and even though I hadn't known Hunter long, he was a part of that; he did make me smile.

Looking to Hunter now, I couldn't believe that he and I would be friends or at least maybe more than that. A couple months ago, we were enemies, pure enemies that couldn't handle being in the same room together but somehow he and I managed to get along and now, I know so much about him and he practically knows nothing about me. He told me most of the things going on in his life or things that happened and yeah, I might have been there to see it all but he let me in while I was here being a bitch and keeping him away from everything and he was doing everything right unlike those boys in those fictional stories. He didn't change much though, he was still cocky as ever and always had that smirk on his sexy face, not that I minded because he was on of those bad boys from the stories but real life and much more hotter than described.

'Hey, dreamer! Concentrate.' Snapping out of my thoughts, I saw that he was holding a laundry basket full of dirty clothes (obviously) holding it out to me. 'Go take these downstairs, okay?' I nodded and turned around to go when Hunter grabbed my arm and turned me around making me yelp which easily made him slip his tongue into my mouth as he bent down to kiss me. The basket was slipping out of my hands and was about to drop it to pull Hunter closer to me when he pulled away from the kiss and turned me back around and slapped my butt making turn my head to glare at him.

I put all the clothes in the washer and started thinking about the call with my mom that seemed to bring all the bad memories back, or the memories that I called bad because I had remembered them. They had dad in it so I considered them to be bad because I didn't want to remember the happy times, they only brought more grief and sadness and I'm pretty sure everyone needed to forget it. All afternoon, me and Hunter were tidying up the place and I couldn't stop thinking about old memories, before dad died and it was because mom was coming back with another guy, a replacement or something to forget dad. I don't even know what I'm talking about because I keep thinking everyone wants to forget dad and I don't want to bring back old memories but I don't want to forget dad and welcome this Johnathan guy in with open arms. It seemed too disrespectful.

'Charlotte? Are you okay? I've been calling you for the past five minutes.' Hunter's voice rang through the room and I realised that I was on the floor with the washing machine going round and round with the clothes. Had I really been thinking for five minutes about random crap? 'Sorry.' I muttered as I tried to get up but my body didn't want to work. Hunter rushed down to me and instead of helping me up, he pushed me down lightly and kneeled down in front of me, wiping my cheeks. I was crying?

'What's wrong, baby?' I scoffed at the name he called me but it made me cry even more. Hunter didn't question me anymore but pull me into a tighter hug which seemed endlessly long but comfortable, Hunter was there for me now. My crying had died down after a couple minutes but my eyes were still burning and I bet you my bed that I looked like a mess right now because I wore mascara and I was crying. I pulled away from Hunter's touch and he looked at me with concerned eyes before picking up his hand and gently wiping my tears away as he leaned in and kissed my forehead lightly. He was being light, something that wasn't him.

'Stop.' My voice was croaky and weak as I tried pushing Hunter away with no avail. The only noise in the room was the spinning washing machine and my slow breathing, other than that it was just silence that seemed so deadly but there was no thick tension in the air to fill in the gaps for the word deadly. It was too strong so I just had to break it.