36

Hunter never told me about his friends but I knew he was known, especially around the bad parts of the town meaning that I was going to go find out some shit right now and I didn't care if this was going to risk my life, might as well do that rather than sit and wait for a miracle. Stupid idea, I know but it was true, what the hell was I going to do with sitting around? This wasn't the best thing to do but at least I could get some information.

Choosing to walk around these parts were the best choice and also carrying mace in my pocket also seemed like a good idea to me because judging by the looks that people were giving me, it seemed like someone was going to jump me somtime soon so I continued walking faster. I didn't know exactly where I was going to go but I did know that I would know where to ask because I knew the exact places hwere Hunter would hang out at.

I came to a sort of clearing thing where there were many people standing in front of a club as well as a couple girls who wore revelaing clothes. Taking a deep breath, I walked up to them feeling a little shaky. 'Do you know someone called Hunter?' One of the girls turned to me, she held a cigarette between her fingers while her attire consisted of ... some things that were supposed to be clothes.

'Sure, I know Hunter.' She said, looking me up and down just like I did with her but there was a scowl on her face and it was obvious that she didn't like me. Candy took the cigarette from her mouth and took another puff before nodding her head and pointing at me with a sly smirk on her face then said, 'You're that girl that was changing Hunter weren't you?'

I gave her a confused look. 'What do you mean?' She shook her head and I heard her chuckle before dropping her cigarette on the floor and stubbing it out with the point of the bright pink heels she was wearing. She took a step closer to me with that same smirk on her face but she remained silent as her eyes inspected every inch of me, from my face to my clothes before moving behind me and touching my hair.

'You were a challenge for Hunter, weren't you? He might not have had you but he did learn something from you or at least changed a little bit of himself to impress you without knowing.' She said before finally standing in front of me. I was scared of this girl, her smirks, her clothes and her intimidating looks scared me but the minute she smiled at me, it was like she was someone else. 'Taegan.'

'Charlotte.' I said, smiling back at her while shaking her hand with my own. Her hand stayed on mine for a minute 'Charlotte.' She looked to be in thought for a minute before laughing.

'A name that Hunter would go for. So what brought you to the rough parts of this town, Hunter's Girl?' She laughed at the name she called me before waiting for my answer.

'He's in jail or holding cell.' All type of amusement disappeared from her face before she got serious but Taegan never said anythign so I continued. 'He's being accused of...of murdering my father and there is evidence that he was at the scene the time of the murder.' As soon of those words escaped my mouth, Taegan grabbed my arm and took me to a corner were there was less people around and then made sure that no one was near us before explaining.

'Hunter is capable of many things but murder to an innocent person isn't something he would do.'

'That's the thing though, Hunter was telling me how my father was cheating but I didn't understand what he meant and the moment he was going to say something, the officer came and took him away since visiting times were over.' Taegan shook her head before moving away from me again.

'Do you have anything of the tape? Any evidence or anything?' I shook my head and she groaned. 'Well, did he admit to actually being the one on the tape?' The smirk that he had on his face haunted me again and I shivered noticeably which made Taegan groan. Once again, she looked around before pulling me back to where I found her and after she conversed to some of the other girls who looked at me like I was either a peice of meat or something that they wanted to kill, Taegan came back to me.

'Where are you going?' She turned around to me laughing.

'It's not where am I going, it's where are we going?' With that being said, Taegan continued to walk down the never ending street as I ran behidn her to follow. There was a deep feeling of pain and regret inside me but I knew that this would help me and perhaps helps Hunter too, all I got to do now is make sure that Candy here didn't just sweet talk me into killing me at the end.

After a couple minutes of walking in silence while hearing the thumping of music get closer and closer towards us, I finally understood that Candy might not want to kill me but she might want to do something with me or get a guy for me judging by the club we were outside of. The pink logo of the club stood out, too brightly in my opinion because I couldn't even read what it said but it looked as if I didn't need the time as I saw Taegan walking over to the bodyguard who stood in front of a huge line.

'Hello, big boy.' She said seductively then winked at the body guard who only scoffed with a smirk on his face. Taegan then opened her jacket a little more to the side to probably show off what dress she was wearing or maybe even her boob but thankfully, I didn't get to see because the guard let us in followed by a huge amount of groans from the line.

'Stay close to me and you will be fine. Also, don't open that mouth of yours sweetie.' We weaved our way through the crowd of people that were there making me wonder what time it was because last time I checked, it was around four but since the sky got darker sooner, I guess it was later than that.

We went passed a lot of people before we got to where I'm guessing was our designated location and funnily enough, it was in front of a group of guys not much older than me and one that seemed familiar to me but I couldn't tell because of the dark clubs and the flashing lights. I moved closer to Taegan when I saw one of the guys eyeing me up and down with a perverted smile on his face but the moment he caught me looking at him, I looked away.

'Sean, problem.' The guy looked up from the girl that was on him then turned to Taegan with a dangerous look on his face. I remember him! I think I met him once but I wasn't sure, but anyway, Sean got up and untangled himself from the girl he was with before making his way to Taegan and nodded his head to the guys.

The next thing you know, I'm in a room full of weapons and Sean and Taegan are conversing about what to take while I'm standing in the corner freaking out because I don't know what the hell is happening! 'We don't even know who it is yet!' I said with my eyes widening in both fear of the weapons while the two put knives and guns on themselves like they are undercover cops.

'Oh trust me, we do.' Taegan said before walking closer to me. 'You best be ready to face some of the dangerous things that a girl like you can face.' A gun was cocked before being placed in my hands like the most treasured thing on the planet but I knew that tonight, I was going to learn some things of the life of Hunter.