35

Mom gave me a choice, go school today or stay in. Either way, I would still be wallowing up in grief and sadness which left me with no sleep the night before because of my decision making and because of the kiss I had with Ryder. Mom didn't force me to tell her what happened and I wasn't going to tell her anytime soon that Hunter was involved, I needed to know for sure that he had something to do with the murder before telling my mom. Everything either angered me or made me upset and there was only one way that I would get over this.

Looking over once more at my reflection, it just made me feel sick to my stomach how much things could change in a short amount of time and no one could do anything to prevent it. Meeting Hunter was one of the best and worst thing I have experienced in my life but there was nothing I wanted to do to change it and there wasn't anything getting in the way of the feelings I had towards him which was both hate and love, the two things that didn't mix together very well. Giving myself a once over, I turned and walked out of my room.

'You're going to school today?' Mom asked, surprised when she saw me. She was on the sofa with her legs propped up on the table with a magazine in her hand and her glasses on her nose while Johnathan sat beside her with that same usual smirk on his face that still managed to piss me off but I was just waiting for that anger to be let out later on.

'Yes.' My eyes flickered over to Ryder who sat at the table eating what looked like cereal but he stopped when he saw me. Our eyes locked for a minute before I opened my mouth to speak again, 'Don't wait up for me.' I said before readjusting my bag then turned to walk straight out the door, not bothering to stick around anymore than I would have to.

I had planned everything out already and I knew it just had to go to plan, no matter what would happen it just had to. Natalie was going to go into the reception at school to say that I was ill and no one was home to call in so she had to do it, the least the reception would do is ask for a note with no more questions which I was happy with. I wasn't planning to go to school today, I was planning to go see Hunter and none of the officers would stop me and neither would Belle.

Taking my car wasn't an option right now and I didn't care whether I looked like an idiot when I got to the station because my looks wasn't going to be the most important thing, facing my fears were. My hopes and wishes when I found out my father had been murdered was to find out who the killer was and take my revenge on them but it had changed over the years and it had turned into a fear, a fear that my father's killer was out there and had not yet been arrested but now I know, it's someone close to me.

Pushing open the familiar station doors, I stepped into the station and a few officers had caught my eye but said nothing so I walked to where the main officer was sitting behind a glass (A/N-Don't know how stations work in USA sowwy) with a bored expression on his face, especially when he saw me. He knew why I was here or I think so anyway, I always came here for news or answers and it was just on his lucky days when I would come here.

'Here to see Hunter Maxwell.' He chuckled, looking down and shaking his head before looking up at me and pointing his pen at my face. 'You are one stupid kid. Turn around an-'

'Let her in.' It wasn't a voice I recognized since it was muffled from outside but it looked like my favourite officer was now scared shitless because he gulped visibly making his chin wobble a little. Belle came into view with no expression on her face as she looked me right in the eye. The officer buzzed the door to let me in and I followed Belle to where ever she was leading me.

'How's Camilla?' I asked, referring to the little girl that Hunter was so protective over. My smile slipped slightly when I remembered that she will barely get to see her brother anymore since he is

'She misses her brother, there's nothing more to say.' She said, facing me while holding the door open for me to walk through. There was a couple cells here but most of it were empty and it was explained to me before that it was so bare in here because their fate hadn't been decided yet but I couldn't remember since it was so long ago.