39

The ambulance and cops never came, no one came. I limped out of that place with Taegan by my side, both of us bloodier and bruised than we came in with but the fact that we got out of that place alive is what made me laugh. Liam was injured very badly from the gun shot wound that Hunter's dad fired but I couldn't tell because we never looked back. I'm guessing Cliff sorted out Liam, and by sorted out I don't mean kill him...hopefully. Thankfully, however we were free and Hunter's dad wasn't our concern anymore, getting cleaned up and going home was.

This was going to be fun to explain to mom wasn't it? I highly doubt she would let me go without an explanation as to why I didn't go to school and why I looked bloody with cuts and scratches on me with another girl by my side that wore very tight fitted clothes and smelled of cigarettes. However, if I did end up telling her then that would probably end up with me telling her everything, starting from how Hunter was working for my dad and how my dad had killed himself.

Yup, I had come to know the truth of my dad's death and it wasn't murder, it was suicide. Call me vain but the reason that I think that dad killed himself was to protect me and mom from the news of what he had done, to protect us from Hunter's dad. That only ended up with me wanting to find out more and now that I did find out the truth, I wasn't sure whether to be happy or not. This should have been closure right? This should have been something that was like a consequence that was making it self ready for me and that moment I would have found out is when that consequence would laugh.

'Are you sure your mom is going to allow me inside?' I chuckled and nodded my head. We got a few looks from people, especially since it was really cold now that it was turning dark and Taegan had on a short dress with a small coat and was also barefoot while me on the other hand wore a tank top, jeans and a thin coat. Why wouldn't people want to call the police?

'Of course she'll allow you in! Why wouldn't she?' Her ridiculous question sent me wondering why on earth she would think such a thing but then I regret ever asking because her fell face when I looked over at her. It was too soon to be buddying up with her because I never knew of her past and when I said something like that, I knew I hit a weak spot. 'Sorry, I didn't mea-'

'No, no! It's fine.' Taegan sighed as she let go of me slightly, adjusting herself before continuing. 'It's just that, no one apart from Sean and Hunter has ever cared for me properly after my parents' kicked me out so I just had them to rely on as well as myself.' I smiled towards her, crediting her for her ability to live rough on the streets.

'You know, one thing I never thought that would ever happen to me was coming home to no cops after being out this late.' Laughing at her, I looked on ahead to where my house was and the lights were on with the curtains closed. Where was my phone when I needed to check the time? I groaned as we walked closer to the house and just as I was about to knock on the door, it opened.

'Oh my God! She's home!' Mom shouted behind her. Heavy footsteps followed to reveal Ryder and Johnathan looking a little frantic but then I couldn't see anymore because mom had pulled me in for a tight hug and let me tell you how awkward it was to be squished onto my mom's bossoms while holding hands with Taegan who probably stood behind me, awkwardly.

'Mom, we need to get cleaned up.' Mom moved away from me and looked down at me then to Taegan who stood next to me with an odd expression on her face. Mom didn't give it another thought before pulling us both inside into the warm house while mumbling things under her breath.

After we both got our wounds disinfected and was given hot chocolate to drink while we were in front of the TV in my room, mom said her goodnights to to the both of us before kissing my head and hugging Taegan before leaving the room. Mom never said anything about Taegan, just treated her like Taegan was her own and didn't ask any questions, she said that she would leave it until tomorrow meaning that I would have to tell her everything. For now, hot choco and a movie with a hot guy while me and Taegan cuddle up in bed.

Getting out of bed, I walked over to the chair that sat near my window and made sure I was quiet as to not wake up Taegan. Looking up at the white moon that shone brightly in the sky, I thought about my dad and something that I didn't say to him before I left for school that day. I didn't say that I loved him and I didn't say goodbye so here I am saying it.

Bye daddy, I love you