34

Throughout the day, I wasn't able to concentrate on any of the lessons. Not only because Hunter went to jail but because everyone was talking about it and looking at me. I had kept calm the whole day and taking out my phone to check if there were any calls or messages to me but there were none. Natalie tried keeping my mind off it but with everyone looking at me, it was hard to forget that Hunter, my boyfriend was arrested and I didn't know why.

'You want me to take you to the station?' Ryder asked, nudging his shoulder with mine. 'You know, as a thank you for showing me around and making me feel welcome.' I smiled at him but shook my for a no because I didn't want to go there with Ryder with me and I wasn't ready to find out why Hunter was in jail, not too soon anyway.

'It's alright, I'll go later.' Ryder nodded at me before we headed home in the car his dad got him. The ride was comfortable but it was quiet and even then it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. Ryder glanced at me a couple times but he didn't ask me anything and when we got home, he smiled at me before getting out the car like I did.

'Mom? I'm home!' I shouted. There was silence in the house making me wonder where everyone was, that was until my mom came towards me with a small smile on her face and fresh tears in her eyes which could only mean something bad. 'Charlotte, I heard what happened. Go, go to the station.' I shook my head but she didn't listen to me as Ryder took my arm and efortlessly pulled me to the door and into his car.

Once we got to the station, I saw a couple officers walking around but I didn't see any I knew. I walked up to the desk and was about to ask but then I saw an officer that was working on my dad's case. 'How is Hunter involved in this?' I asked. The cop looked around before shaking his head and starting to walk again but I grabbed him by his arm and pleaded.

'Please. He's my boyfriend, I need to know why he's here.' The officer looked around before taking me arm to a corner and looking at me. 'I'm only telling you this because no one else is going to say shit for now.' He took

'Hunter is connected to the murder of your father Charlotte, that's why he's been bought in for questioning and we don't know how long he'll be in here because we've got evidence of him being part of this case.' My chest tightened with every word being said and by the end of her sentence, I felt my breathing go faster as my heart beat heavily against my ribs.

'What evidence do you have?' I asked while holding my chest. The officer shook his head before stepping away from me. 'I've said too much already. I'll get fired if I say anymore, I'm sorry.'

I was left alone, now that that had happened, I was able to go see why the hell Hunter was in here. Making sure that there were no officers near by, I jogged over to Belle's office and made sure that there was no one in there then opened the door where it was cold and of course, empty. I closed the door but didn't lock it then went to her desk where I saw her laptop open but on sleep so I shook the cursor to revel a video that was on pause.

My eyes widened at the figure I saw walking away from the building where they found my father's body. He got into a car that I didn't recognise but the person in the driver's seat was a woman, that was all I knew before I took a step back and hit something behind me. I whirled around and faced Belle who looked at me with tears in her eyes as she lightly grabbed my arms.

'You shouldn't be in here, Charlotte.' I heard her say but I already saw the reaosn why hunter was in here, I just wanted to know one more thing though. 'Did he kill my dad?'

My footsteps kept faltering as I kept walking towards home. I couldn't think straight, not since I bumped into Belle and now that I knew, I didn't know what I could do apart from...I didn't know anymore. Everything was just getting too much and this day was just overwhelming me that there was nothing to do anymore. Soon as I saw my house up ahead, I walked a little quicker or at least tried and as soon as I came to the door, I knocked three times hoping that someone was hope to open the door and luckily I was right but it wasn't the person I was hoping to see.

'Ryder?' I whispered. He looked at me with worried eyes before stepping outside to help me get inside the house. By the looks of things, Johnathan and mom weren't in the house which was odd but it was a good thing since they or mostly mom would be asking me a lot of questions and I didn't want that.

'We don't have to talk about it but I'm here okay?' I nodded, not being able to talk because my lips were trembling so much. Ryder helped me into the house, closing the door behind me then walking me towards the front room. The heat was nothing compared to my cold ridden body that felt numb but it was going to take time for some effect to happen, right now I just couldn't process anything in my mind. 'Do you want anything to drink?'

'N-No, it's alright.' I said, shakily to Ryder. 'I-I just need someone to talk to for now.' He nodded his head just as I rearranged myself on the sofa, trying to get the memory out of my head but it was no use. I just couldn't stop thinking about what happened at the station but with what happened, I still wanted to see Hunter but there was a little fear in me that couldn't or wouldn't.

'They said they would be hope later, so you have a lot of time to talk about it if you want to.' Ryder meant well, I knew he did but there was just a part of me where I didn't want to talk to him about this but I went against my thoughts and breathed in and out carefully but it still came out as a shaky breath. Turning to Ryder, I saw compassion in his eyes, something that I hadn't seen in him since I had meant him.

'They wouldn't tell me what was happening with Hunter, none of them would tell me and they kept giving me sympathetic looks. One officer did help me though, he told me what was happening well at least a little bit of it, then I took matters into my own hands and went into one of the offices that belonged to one of the officers I knew who also was Hunter's mom. I found out something that I shouldn't have an-' A sob broke out of me and I was pulled into a hug almost instantly.

'It's alright, you don't have to say.' Ryder whispered to me as I cried on his top which I'm pretty sure was now destroyed with my tears but he didn't seem to mind because he craddled me to his muscular chest. When my sobs died down I looked up towards Ryder who looked at me with an apologetic look but covered it up with a smile.

'I don't understand why.' Ryder was confused. 'Why the hell would he do anything like this? Why the hell is he involved in anything like this, Ryder? I don't understand why he would do any of this. It's Hunter for God's sake, he's my boyfriend and the fact that he was doing all of this while we were going out just makes me so damn pissed off but...it just fucking hurt's.'

'Did you find out anything else?' Ryder asked, soothingly. I could hear from his voice that he was trying not to offend me. 'He was there the day my dad got murdered and there is a high chance that he might have been the one to kill my dad. I just don't know what to do anymore, I want to go talk to him but that will just upset me even more because ...I love him and that's something stupid to say but I do and the fact that he could have killed my dad just makes everything worse.

'I sound like one of those whiny bitches that complain about their love and everything but this is not something that h-he just did and I could play it dramatically. He could have killed my dad, the one guy that was closest to me and my mom and he still made me his girlfriend! I-I gave him my virginity, I fucking love him and all this time he was connected to the murder.' By the time I got to the end of my sentence, I was whispering.

'Maybe it isn't what you think it is. Maybe they just got it wrong.' Ryder said as he rubbed my arm in order to comfort me but I was anything but. I looked up at him to say something but those words dissapeared from my mouth the moment that Ryder locked eyes with my own.

We found ourselves only inches apart from each other and I couldn't help but think what Ryder's lips would feel like on my own but I didn't have to think anymore as I smashed my lips onto his, catching him off guard but he soon composed himself by putting one hand on my cheek and bringing me closer to him but all that stopped too quickly when we heard the front door. We jumped apart from each other just as my mom came into the room with Johnathan.

'You're back home! I'm just about to make dinner, so you ca-' I blocked out whatever she said and put my fingers to my lips, trying or pressurizing myself to feel something, something or anything that I felt when I kissed Hunter but it was no use. Ryder's kisses didn't have that one thing that Hunter had and that just brought me even more grief with everything that happened at the station.

'I-I don't want any dinner mom. I'm going to bed.' I gave her a weak smile as I stood up then left the room just as she was about to say something. I didn't want to hear it, I didn't want to hear anything about what happened today, I just wanted to forget today and just go back to when me and Hunter didn't talk and when my dad was alive but things couldn't go like how you want them too.