9.

"EVERY NOW AND THEN SHE GOES OFF, THOUGH. BEATING ON HIS CHEST LIKE A BONGO."

"Hey, Christian, someone's here for you.."

"Oh, fuck.." Christian said under his breath, noticing that a girl he had invited out from a date weeks ago was standing by the steps of the dugout. Viviana looked confused, getting up and looked at her.

"Who are you?" She asked the girl, looking at her.

"Here for Christian, who are you?" She replied back in a snotty tone.

Viviana crossed her arms, "His girlfriend..?" She rose an eyebrow.

"Oh, he told me he didn't have one anymore.." The girl shrugged. Viviana froze; Christian was seeing someone else? When he had just said how bad he wanted her back? It wasn't true.

"Why the fuck are you here? He obviously doesn't want anything to do with you if he's coming over to my place and trying to fix our relationship.." Viviana spat back, biting her lip to stop herself from saying anything else. "Y'know what? Forget it." She shook her head, pushing past the girl and walked into the clubhouse hallway in tears.

Christian ran for Viviana, grabbing her arm when he caught up to her, "Vi..Stop, I can explain.."

Viviana yanked her arm away, looking at Christian with hurt in her eyes and tears streaming down her cheeks. "Explain what, Christian!? The fact that you are fucking seeing someone else when you just said you want to work on us?! When you literally were just over the other night wanting to work on things, and kissed me?!" Viviana exclaimed, shaking her head. "I can't believe I let my walls down for you again.." She mumbled.

"Viv, stop. I don't have any attraction towards her. We went for drinks and then I invited her out to watch a game, but not like in the dugout like how you do.." He said, Viviana avoided eye contact with him.

Viv took a deep, shaky breath, sniffling. "Why didn't you tell her that you were with your girlfriend again..?" She asked, her voice cracking and sad.

Christian looked at her and just frowned. "Because it was when we weren't even speaking to one another, Vi. I met with her maybe two weeks after we broke up? I don't know if it's because you posted something or I posted something.." He explained, grabbing Vi's hands, which were shaking and hesitant to be in his.

"But you still let her come?" She looked at him, Christian wiped under her eyes. "I never ever saw you as a person to do this, Christian...It hurts."

"I think you and I were both trying to move on from one another and it's obvious we can't. It's obvious we're attached at the hip. I haven't spoken to her in weeks, don't know why she showed up. I'll ask them to tell her to leave. I don't want you going, though.." Christian said, giving her hands a squeeze. "I want you here. With me. I don't care about anyone else. You're my number one priority, you're my girl, and I want you to know that."

Vivi stayed silent for a moment, just nodding and then moved in to wrap her arms around Christian's torso, resting her head on his chest. "I'm not letting you go again..." She said quietly. He wrapped his arms around her, rubbing her back and just swayed back and forth for a moment before pulling away from the hug slightly and looked at her.

"I am not going anywhere, Vi..." Christian replied, kissing her head.

Lo and Ryan both walked into the hall to see where the two had gone off to. "Hey, everything alright?" Ryan asked, walking up to Christian.

Christian nodded, "Yeah. Just a mishap. I'll explain to you guys later.." He wiped under Viviana's eyes again. The guys nodded and patted his back before walking back to the dugout.

Viviana looked at him, sniffling. "Is my makeup a mess?" She asked, wiping under her eyes again. "I don't wanna go out looking like a raccoon.." She commented, causing Christian to chuckle quietly.

"It's not too bad, just some on under your eyes, but I'm sure you could fix it quick." He replied, keeping his arms around her. "Why don't you go clean up and then meet me back by the locker room?" He suggested as Vivi nodded and walked into the bathroom to clean up her face.

*************

After the game, Viviana waited by the lounge for Christian. She still couldn't believe what had happened during batting practice and she just wished it was a stupid nightmare in her head. She pulled her phone out of her pocket, texting her sister;

viviana: figuring out what i'm doing with him after this game. he's changing.
viviana: also met some girl he took out for drinks a couple weeks ago...that was an event.

sister gi: wait .. pause, some girl?
sister gi: why was she there?

viviana: apparently he invited her weeks ago
viviana: but she decides to show now?
viviana: after i post something related to chris?
viviana: after he posted something too?

sister gi: she was trying to get under ur skin, twin.
sister gi: how did christian explain it?

viviana: just that they went for drinks weeks after we broke up.
viviana: which is fine, he was trying to get over the relationship
viviana: but he said it was too hard to let go.

sister gi: well, i hope u work things out
sister gi: if u need anything, u know where i am. love u

The moment she locked her phone, Christian walked out of the locker room wearing some sweats and a black hoodie, walking towards Vi with a small smile on his face.

"I figured you and I could go grab a bite to eat and then maybe go back to my place? Or yours, I'm fine with either." Christian said, grabbing Viviana's hand.

"Probably my place...If that's okay. Just...not ready to go back to ou-...your place yet.." Viviana admitted, catching her slip up.

Christian nodded, looking at her, "Understandable." He replied, "Your bed's comfier than mine anyways." He laughed and unlocked his car, opening the passenger door for Viviana as she climbed in. Christian got in the driver's seat and drove off. "What do you want for dinner..?" He asked, glancing at Viviana, who was looking at her phone.

She tapped her chin, then looked at him, "Taco Bell?" She asked with a big smile on her face, knowing Christian would groan because it's 'out of his diet'. He groaned, nodding and laughed.

"Yeah, we can go there. You know how I feel about that place.." Viviana giggled, grabbing his free hand as he drove. "But, since you love it so much, we can go get some.." He said, bringing her hand to his lips and kissed it lightly.

Viviana missed moments like these; Driving in the car after a game to grab some dinner, and laughing about silly little things while some music played in the background. She loved when he would grab her hand and kiss it, or put his hand on her thigh while he drove, just gave her goosebumps all up and down her body. Something about his touch was melting to Viv.

Viv's phone was connected to the aux, she sang to the music that played. Her and Christian loved listening to Russ, perfect for any mood. She looked over at Christian as she sang all cute and obnoxiously. The song changed and it was 'Moonlight in Atlanta', a song she had showed Christian a while back and essentially called it, 'their song'. She was still holding his hand when she started filming a video on Snapchat, showing their hands and then moved her phone to show Christian, who kissed her hand again and she put the camera on herself, smiling bigger than ever.

She definitely found her happiness again.