22.

Viviana was officially past twelve weeks pregnant with her and Christian's baby. She had made it through the first trimester, not telling anyone but Gia and Hannah. She still didn't know how she was going to tell Christian, that question constantly ran through her head.

She sifted through the aisles at Target, aimlessly wandering through the baby collection. She started to add simple items to her cart: bottles, bibs, onesies, pacifiers. Everything started to make the pregnancy more real, though it was hard for it to seem real when she was hiding it from the father of the child she was carrying.

Viviana wanted nothing more than to welcome a little girl into the world, but the onesies she picked up were unisex, making it easier to decide what clothes to purchase. She added an arrangement of colors to her cart, just wanting to be prepared. She hadn't even told her parents that they were going to be expecting a grandchild in the next couple of months. She was ready to, but she wasn't ready for the reactions.

She stopped and smiled when she saw a set of Brewers onesies and a little beanie to go with it. She immediately put it in her cart, picturing herself at the games with their kid, cheering Christian on and showing their child how amazing their daddy was.

Christian. Her heart stopped momentarily, thinking about how she was going to bring the news to him. She knew that she didn't want to stress him out with the news. He was getting ready to get back into full baseball training mode, the last thing he needed was finding out his girlfriend was pregnant and already through her first trimester.

***

Later that night, Viviana laid in bed, reading through a magazine she had picked up at the store while Christian was out with friends after a workout.

She was starting to show, she could see it when she lifted up her shirt to change into a pair of Christian's sweatpants. The little bump starting to peek through made her stomach fill with butterflies; She couldn't believe this was happening. But yet, she kept it all from Christian.

The door opened and she immediately pulled down her shirt, fixing her messy ponytail in the mirror. He walked up to her, wrapping his arms around her, pulling her close to him. "I don't know why, but my mind hasn't stopped thinking about you.." He said quietly as he brushed her hair off of her shoulder, exposing her neck so he could leave some kisses.

Christian moved his hands to the bottom of her shirt, starting to pull up before Viviana quickly stopped him. "Baby, c'mon...Let me love your beautiful body.." He said, moving Vivi's hands, only for her to grab his hands again to stop him. "You really self conscious? You have nothing to be self conscious about, baby. Your body is beautiful.."

She grabbed his hands again, shoving them away. "Stop." She said softly, but angrily. Christian looked at her confused, before he just put his hands on her hips, pulling her close.

"I just wanna show you how much I love you and your beautiful body.." He replied, moving his hands back to the bottom of her shirt.

"Christian, knock it off." Viviana snapped, moving his hands away from her again.

"Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.." She just shook her head, walking into the bathroom and slammed the door shut. Her hormones overcame her and just controlled her emotions. "Baby, hey, what's going on?"

He could hear Viviana sniffle, meaning she was crying. "I'm coming in, Vi." He warned. When he opened the door, he saw Viviana pulling her shirt over her knees as if she was hiding something from him.

It suddenly hit him; The nausea, dizziness, achy body, wearing baggier clothing, the mood swings. "Vivi..." He looked at her. "Vi, when did you find out?" He asked, kneeling down next to her. His voice sounding almost angry, which just made her sobs become more prominent.

"Viviana, how far along?" He asked her, just wanting to get some answers. He tilted her chin up, her eyes full of fear and anxiety, her hands shaking with nervousness. He could tell she was scared to tell him, which is maybe why she held back on telling him, because this would've been his exact response.

He took a deep breath, moving Viviana's hands away from her shirt, putting his hands on her little bump. The touch was soft. Nothing angry about it; Just loving, and gentle. "Babygirl, just tell me...How far along?"

"Almost thirteen weeks..." She whispered, not making eye contact with him.

Christian's jaw almost fell on the floor. "A whole trimester already and you didn't tell me..?" He questioned, but his hands still stayed there on her bump. His eyes started to well up with tears, "It's really happening..." He whispered, "You're really pregnant.."

Viviana sniffled, meeting his eyes. "I'm sorry..." She stated, "I just didn't know how to tell you.." She said through her choked sobs.

He kept one hand on her bump as the other one moved to wipe the tears from under her eyes, "I think we're ready for this, baby. We're ready to conquer this together.."

"You..You aren't mad?" She asked quietly, letting out a shaky breath.

"Of course not, beautiful." Christian said, lifting her shirt up so he could put his hands on her bare skin. He left kisses all over her stomach, tears still coming down his cheeks. Viviana ran her fingers through his curls, leaning down to kiss his head gently.

"I love you, Christian.." Viviana said, her sobs subsiding. His touch just eased her pain, eased her nerves.

"And I love you, and our little miracle.."

Viviana looked at him, seeing how happy he was made her feel more comfortable about the whole situation. "I just didn't know how to tell you, because I knew you were starting to get back into the regular baseball schedule. I told you before this even happened that I didn't want you worrying about me.." Viviana began to talk before Christian cut her off with kisses.

He pulled away from the kiss, "And I told you, family comes before sports. You're always my number one priority." Christian said, standing up and held his hands out for Viviana to take as he walked with her back to the bed and laid down, opening his arms so she could crawl in bed and be embraced by his love.