56.

Christian was leaving for a week to fly out to California to tend to things with the California Strong foundation. Although it was only a week, he dreaded leaving Viviana, especially with how far she was in her pregnancy. She was at risk of going into early labor due to her body being so small. The last thing he wanted was for her to go into labor and him not being home for her.

Viviana had been busy all day, trying to get everything together for her husband before he left. She would be lying if she said she wasn't upset. 'Only a week', she kept telling herself. But anything could happen in a week with her pregnancy, the due date inching closer and closer.

"Baby, I promise I'll be fine.." Viviana told Christian as he helped her pack up his suitcase. Christian moved her to sit on the bed, "Chris, I'm fine. I can help you out once in a while."

Christian shook his head, finishing up the packing process, "Vivi, no. You're really pregnant and you need rest. I can tell you're tired, and you just keep going and going and you're just going to burn out..." He looked at her, concern in his eyes, "Please..."

She sighed, nodding as she complied with his request. "I just wanna help you.." She said, her voice quiet.

"I know you do, and I really appreciate that. But, you're due any week or day now and the last thing I want is you overworking yourself.." Christian wrapped his arms around Viviana as best as he could with her bump being a barrier. "It's only a week."

Viviana nodded, wrapping her arms around his neck, "Only a week. I'll have Eiley, I think we'll be fine." She told him as she stood on her tip toes to kiss him, softly.

He returned the kiss before pulling away and smiled at her, "You really are an amazing wife, you know that?"

"Oh shush your mouth." Viviana giggled, "And you're an amazing husband." She smiled and walked out into the kitchen, Christian followed shortly after. "You better say hi to your mom for me, I miss her." She looked back at Christian.

"I'm sure she'll be asking about you and the baby." Christian chuckled, grabbing something to drink out of the fridge, "She probably will fly out after he's born to see him and Eiley. Cameron should be home by then too, hopefully." He commented, noting that his brother was still on active duty.

"Do you ever miss Cam?" Viviana asked him, leaning against the counter, "Like, you and him seem the closest compared to you and Collin, and I'm sure with Cam being in the Marines, it doesn't really make life easy."

Christian shrugged, "I would be lying if I said I didn't miss him. So yeah, I do. I mean, going from talking to him every day to now here and there? It's just a whole different thing. It's been a couple years since he went, but, you never really go out of the adjustment." Christian replied, sighing as he looked at Vivi.

She nodded, listening to her husband talk, "Yeah, I get it. Makes total sense. I mean, I don't really know what you have to go through for it, but, you know I'm always there for you when you wanna talk to someone." Viviana told him, smiling small at him.

"I know, and I really appreciate that. I like that we can go to each other for anything and everything." Christian said with a smile across his lips as he walked over by her. He put his hands on her belly, looking at where his hands were then up at her, "I can't wait for him to get here."

Viviana smiled, nodding in agreement, "Me either. I just want him out." She giggled, "He's getting annoying in there and my belly is huge." She shook her head, looking down at her stomach before looking back up at Christian, "Still can't believe we're having another baby...After everything that went down last year, I still think it's a miracle.."

"I got scared for you, honestly. I didn't know if you were going to be able to have another baby after that miscarriage, and that was my worst fear for you." He crouched down, kissing her stomach softly, "Because I know how bad you've wanted a sibling for Eiley."