57.

Christian was still in California, his trip getting extended out to two weeks due to conflicts. Viviana was due any day now, and not having Christian home with her only made her anxiety climb. She didn't want to go into labor and have her husband be across the country from her; He needed to be there for the birth of their son.

****

As Viviana sifted the aisles of Target with her daughter in a cart and her sister walking besides her, they found themselves in the baby aisles, looking at cute onesies for boys and more things to prepare them to welcome their boy into the world.

"When I was pregnant with Eiley, I would always come here and see what cute stuff they had, but mostly just looked at unisex stuff because I didn't know what we were having yet.." Viviana commented, chuckling as she saw her sister looking through clothes.

"Momma, I get that?" Eiley pointed at a onesie about her size and Viviana held it up. "It Olaf, momma!"

Viviana smiled, "It is Olaf! I guess I can get you this one thing. But remember, we're looking for your baby brother.." She told her as she set the onesie in the cart.

"So, when does Christian come home?" Gia asked, looking back at her sister.

"At this point? Thursday night. It's been two weeks, and it was originally supposed to be a week, but they had shit come up with scheduling, so they kind of all just been hanging out out there." Viviana sighed, "I miss him a ton, and I would really like him to be home as I'm due any day now.."

Gia nodded, "You're right. Your due date is like Friday, right?"

Vivi nodded, "Yeah, I mean, I haven't really experienced anything that's been screaming 'oh you're going into labor' or anything pre-labor. Who knows? Maybe he just wants to chill in there for a little longer." She laughed, "But I would like him out."

"I bet, you're much more bigger with him than you were with Eiley." Gia commented, "But, you make the pregnancy look so cute."

"Thanks, my husband told me that too." She giggled, walking into the maternity aisle, "I know I shouldn't be looking at these clothes because I won't really need them after I have him, but, you never know." She shrugged as she looked through the clothing racks.

Viviana started to feel pain in her pelvic area and she placed her hand on her stomach where she felt what felt like a kick, "That was weird.."

Gia looked at her sister, "You okay, Vi?"

"Yeah, yeah, just got a hard kick from him." She replied, tensing up as she felt the pain get more extreme. "Gia...I don't think it was a kick.." Viviana felt the water trickle down her leg in her leggings and she knew right away what was going on.

"Holy shit, Vi, do we have to go??" Gia looked at her sister with concern.

Viviana hunched over, nodding, "Yeah, we need to go.." She teared up as Gia picked up Eiley and helped Viviana to the car. "Christian's not home...He's not gonna be here for the baby.." Viviana started crying when she sat in the passenger seat.

"Don't you worry, Vi, we're gonna get him out here soon." Gia said, pulling her phone out of her pocket and dialed Christian up.

Christian answered almost instantly, "Hey, Gia, what's up?"

Gia took a deep breath, "Don't freak out. I know you're in California right now, but, Viviana's water just broke so I'm getting her to the hospital.."

Christian's breath hitched in his throat, unable to think of what to say. "Shit, um, I, uh, I'll be on the next flight out to Milwaukee. Make sure she's okay, and make sure Eiley is okay. Fuck, I'll see you soon." He hung up and Gia looked over at Viviana,