Chapter 50: Ashes~

~Russia's POV~

    My lavender orbs lazily open to a  surrounding filled with a dim light. I panned my gaze around the foreign environment. This definitely was not familiar. Walls enclosing the room were layered with the shade of a dull green. I pull my figure up in a sitting position causing me to gaze down at my shirtless chest. Bandages entwined my figure in a tight embrace. Beside the bed that I rested upon was a digital clock; 17:38 02/18. I hiss a curse in Russian seeing that I had been out for almost two days. It's not until a few seconds later do I hear voices beyond my door. It seemed to be a couple arguing about something.

Me.

   "Он не проснулся еще." a woman stated with a dread filled tone.

    "Разве он даже еще жив" a man plainly replied caring less on the subject.

    "Конечно, он! Он дышал." the female snapped.

   "Что бы, если бы он все еще спит, почему бы нам не пойти через его вещи? Он мог бы что-то ценное."

  "Мы не можем" she gasped. "Что если он проснуться?"

   "Мед это было почти сутки. Он не собирается просыпаться. Давайте просто это сделать, и бросить тело, прежде чем он воняет все место."

"Humans can be such selfish creatures can they not?" My alter laughed with a smug look. "It amazes me that we have not been in more world wars."

   For once the dark clothed man made a valid point. A sigh releases itself from my form as I reach over for my tank top and crimson jacket. Both contained a bullet hole ripping the once wonderful fabric. I do not think little sunflower would be too pleased about this. Slipping each piece on I rise to my feet throwing the sheet over the bed. The two lovers were still having their disagreement but jumped when I open the bedroom door where they lurked in front of.

    "О ты проснулся-" she started only to get cut off by me. "спасибо." I bluntly speak then push my figure between the two moving to the front door. "Эй, ты в порядке?" the male exclaimed as I reached for the knob. The phrase caused my entire movement to cease. "подделка." I reply, tone as cold as the fiercest winters. Then I swung the door open only to shut it behind me as I exited the building.

   To my luck the two had not lived far from my place. Gradually I made my way home passing by the crime scene. Though new snow layered the floor, red still peered on the white sheet. It stood out terribly. Beside the crimson dried pool laid something I never imagined coming across. My heart skipped three beats.

Katyusha's scarf.

Swiftly I snatched it, examining the piece for damage. Surprisingly it had remained unharmed. I murmur a silent 'thanks' gratefully no one had stolen it.

   I walk in silence back to my mansion. My thoughts were to consumed with ______ to focus on anything else. Where could she be? How is she? Is she okay? And then everything in my world stopped. Tears roll down my cheeks at the site, Immediately I collapse to my knees overwhelmed by emotion. My house practically stood no more, all those centuries had disappeared in a matter of seconds. All my work, good for nothing. Ashes of my mansion sway away in the gust of wind that blows. Nothing. I have nothing. I do not even have my little sunflower, she is gone along with the rest of them. I cry out loud full of fury "Nothing! Every thing is gone! Why... why must you torment me fate!" I bang a plam against the ground as more angry tears stream. "Why God, why must you be so cruel?! Have I not suffered enough in my past? Am I not allowed to be happy for once?!" Screaming to the sky above as I finally break down. My voice chocking back from the tears as I whisper "I only do what I believe is best for everyone." Murmuring I continue "Why can no one not see that?" Clawing my fingers into the ash layered soil I kneel before on.

   A sudden gust of wind draws my attention as I shifted my watery vision up. Around me notice only few furniture survived from being completely incinerated. Raising to my feet weakly I view the leftovers of my mansion, maytroshka dolls laid cracked and burnt on the ground. Glass frames of former family photos break under the pressure of my foot.

   Miraculously my stairs had also remained and carefully I make my way up cautious if the stairs may happen to snap under weight. Thankfully they do not and I now am in the hallway where all five of our rooms used  to be. The walls of the hallway are all gone and all the appears is the door-less frames of each room. Strolling down the hall I did not need to step in any of the rooms to see the damage because no walls stood of course. I recognize Latvia room, nothing remained, not even his bed. The same was with Estonia's and Lithuania's. I felt my heart stop when I stood in front of her doorway. Inside I did not want to but I knew I had to go in.

   In _______'s laid burnt drawings scattered across the black colored full.  Her mattress and desk were inexistent. Numerous dresser doors flung open however it seemed her clothes were gone rather then incinerated. He must have came in here. The thought of him rumpaging through her clothes made me sick. Pairs of her converse laid black from the fire however I did not recognize mine among them which made me sigh of relief. The once brown wooden floor was coated of many shades of grey. It broke my heart to see how the place could transform to such a state in a matter of time. I gaze over to where the wall between her room and mine would have stood. To my surprise only one furniture piece of mine had remained. My desk. Pacing over to it I feel my heart and every single nerve in my being cease. On top of my desk stood the sunflower little one had given me unharmed and full of it's natural color unlike every single black encased item in the now destroyed mansion. It was as if the fire itself was a mere illusion compared to the flower before me. How was this even possible?! This made no sense. What does this mean? Then it hit me. My little Sunflower. There is still hope for her. I need to save her from that monster. Instantly I ran out of my former room and down the stairs, out of my house. _____ I do not where you are but I will find you. No matter how long it takes me, you will be save my little Sunflower.

~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~

So how was that eh? I liked it. It had a little bit of everything in this chapter. Jeez there already is 50 chapters, it's unbelievable. Do I win longest Russia x reader story of 2014? X3 I'm beginning to plan out my other requests and hopefully have them up soon-ish...

I added a picture of what his house would've sorta of look like after the fire. Not structure wise but damage wise. I hope it helps!

Anywho... Don't strangled Toris he just wants your love just like me!

Let me and Toris love you XD,

AnimeCraze1348-Chan~

Translations~

Он не проснулся еще. ~ He hasn't woken up yet (Russian)

Разве он даже еще жив ~ Is he even still alive (Russian)

Конечно, он! Он дышал. ~ Of course he is! He was breathing (Russian)

Что бы, если бы он все еще спит, почему бы нам не пойти через его вещи? Он мог бы что-то ценное. ~ Whatever, if he's still asleep why don't we go through his stuff? He could have something valuable. (Russian)

Мы не можем ~ We can't. (Russian)

Что если он проснуться ~ what if he does wake up? (Russian)

Мед это было почти сутки. Он не собирается просыпаться. Давайте просто это сделать, и бросить тело, прежде чем он воняет все место. ~ Honey it's been almost days. He's not gonna wake up. Let's just do it and throw the body out before it stinks up the entire place. (Russian)

О ты проснулся- ~ Oh you're awake- (Russian)

спасибо. ~ Thank you. (Russian)

Эй, ты в порядке? ~Hey wait are you okay? (Russian)

подделка. ~ Fake. (Russian)