Chapter 3

~Luke's POV~

Mia and I made our way to her room. I have to clean up with her. I like it though. I love Mia, and I love spending time with her. Yes, love. I know I might be too young to say that, I'm just 17 to say that I Love her, but I do.

I remember when she had her first breakup. She was broken. I remember watching her cry. It hurt like hell. That day, I promised myself that I would never do that to Mia, hurting her. I promised myself too, that I would reassure her anytime she is upset. She is my best friend and that is what best friends do. I want her more than friends though, but I can't just ruin our friendship with my feelings.

Anyways, things can't get any better. Next week I will be in LA with my lads and my best friend. Since we are staying there for 1 month and a half, it means that my birthday will be when I'm there. I'm willing to make a big party in there.

"Luke can you go for the mop that is downstairs?" Mia asked me. Well, back to reality Luke.

I nodded and went downstairs to the laundry room. Funny thing is, Mia and I share a house. Not an apartment, but an actual house. It's like if we were married. I hope someday it would be like that. But for now, we're just best friends.

I grabbed the mop and made my way back to Mia's room. I handed her the mop and watched her as she cleaned, maybe I watched her too much because she noticed me.

"What are you looking at, Hemmings?" She said with a teasing tone.

"Nobody, Helen." I said mocking her tone. Mia's second name is Helen, and she totally hates it. Luckily she doesn't know my second name, or at least she has never mentioned it before.

"Get your lazy ass in here and help me." She whined while she handed me the mop. She then went downstairs for something.

I was there, mopping. Suddenly I heard some noises from the kitchen, I began to worry, but c'mon we are talking about Mia, she has everything under control, as usual.

"You okay down there, Helen?" I shouted so she could hear me.

"Yeah, I just thought there was..AHHHH!" Mia screamed from downstairs.

I didn't hesitate and I ran as fast as I could to get downstairs. I was kinda worried.

"Mia?" I asked here. No response.

"Miaa?!" I said a little bit louder. And I heard someone opening the kitchen door. There was a baseball bat right on my side, so I grabbed it and I was ready if there was a robber or someone.

"Hey Luke loo- what the heck are you doing?" Mia came out of the kitchen. She had a kitten in her arms.

"Mia what the hell, I thought you were injured or someth-" I said but was interrupted by Mia.

"Why would I be injured? Haha Luke that was a good one. And I did scream, but it was because this kitten scared me. I was in the counter looking for something and then boom, I saw the kitten." Mia explained to me while she was massaging the cat's back. Lucky cat... Wait, no I didn't say that.. control yourself Luke.

"But Mia you know we can't-" I was trying to say but Mia interrupted me, again.

"Leave it like that? Oh of course not, we are going to keep it." Mia answered while going back to her room. I was going to say the exact opposite of what she just told me but she always, always, win the arguments we have. I just can't help myself, she will always win.

"Hey Luke, come here. You have some pending work to do mister." Mia said from her room.

Oh how I wished that I never pranked her so I wouldn't have to clean these up, but it was totally worth it. She looks so cute when she's frustrated. Oh Luke no. No. Focus.