Chapter 40

~Luke's POV~

-recapitulation-

I parked the car and took a glance of my surrounding. It is pretty deserted to be honest. No people seem to be here. You can actually see both, the river and the beach, from here. I guess I should go and explore and hope for the best.

Luke, prepare for what is coming next.

-end of recapitulation-

I walked and walked like there was no tomorrow. I couldn't find Mia anywhere. She's supposed to be here, so where is she? I hope I find her, and I hope I find her alive.

I kept walking, not knowing what was coming next. Suddenly I heard someone screaming. I didn't hesitate to run wherever the voice came from. As I ran, I found myself really nervous of what's coming. Like, how is Mia going to be? Will she be fine? Will she still be alive? These questions kept haunting me as I ran, attempting to find Mia.

"Hey, the blonde boy there! Stop!" A female voice demanded. A black-haired woman, in her mid-thirties or so, climbed down a tree. I stopped running, unsure if it was the right decision. "Why are you here? Did you know you shouldn't be here?"

"Um, I didn't know. I was- I mean, I am looking for a friend." I replied.

"Oh, you mean this girl right there?" She evilly smiled as she pointed beside her. There she was, Mia. She was tied to a chair. She had a cloth or something wrapped around her mouth. She looked like she was trying to warn me about something, but all that could be heard was muffled sounds. She seemed pretty scared.

"Y-yes. She's the one I'm looking for." I said, my voice shaking.

"Boss! The Luke guy is here!" The black-haired yelled. Let's called her Ramona. But wait, who did Ramona call? Who's her boss?

"Tell Andrew, he'll know what to do." Another female said. The female walked out of a big rock. Sssuugar. It's Mia's mom. Oh crap. Ramona evilly grinned and called Andrew. Is the Andrew dude Mia's ex boyfriend or is he a random dude called Andrew?

"Did you need me?" Andrew suddenly walked in. He looked at me and then back to Mia's mom and Ramona. "I'll take care of him."

"You won't take care of anyone or anything, I'm leaving, with Mia." I angrily scoffed, as I walked towards Mia, making her muffle more things.

"I wouldn't be too sure of that if I was you." Andrew evilly smirked, aiming a gun that he got out of his pocket at me. I completely froze after he did that.

"Andrew please," I whispered.

"Freeze!" He yelled, grabbing stronger the gun. "Don't move a muscle or else I'll shoot you, no bullshit!"

"Andrew don't do this!" I pleaded. Bang. He shot me. The bullet hit my chest, making it hard to breathe. I instantly placed a hand on my chest, and I stumbled back a little bit.

"LUKE!" Mia yelled, somehow she managed to untangle the cloth that was wrapped around her mouth.

"Just let her go, please." I pleaded.

"Don't you understand? If we let her go, you both will be happy, and I will be lonely." Mia's mom butted in. "You took my daughter away from me, you let her leave me. Why Luke?"

"It's Mr. Hemmings for you." I defiantly replied.

"Shoot him." Mia's mom ordered Andrew. He shot me again, this time in the arm. I could feel the pain in both, my arm and my chest. I just pray that Mia makes it through this. I don't care if I did for her survival, I want her alive.

"Mom please, just stop it. We had no other choice that to leave you." Mia explained, tears leaving her eyes.

"How dare you!" Mia's mom angrily shouted. She hit Mia in her cheek, making me mad. I bravely ran up to Andrew and punched him in the nose. He let go off the gun, giving me a chance to grab it. I cocked the gun and shot Andrew. When I aimed Mia's mom, I heard someone fire a shotgun. I felt a sharp pain in my back.

"Did you think of shooting my boss? Never touch her, or else another one of these babes are going to end up somewhere else in your body." Ramona said, referring to the bullets in the shotgun.

"HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM! LET GO OFF THE WEAPONS!" A male yelled. I turned to see the police and he lads, finally. I began to feel dizzy. Soon I fell unconscious.

*****************************

~Calum's POV~

When we arrived with the cops, Luke was lying on the floor, blood all over his body. When I saw him, I started to panic a lot. Ashton called the cops as soon as he saw Luke.

There was a black-haired girl with a shotgun and also there was a kinda old lady with Mia. The lady ran away with Mia. Unfortunately, the cops didn't reach Mia and the lady, which I presume is Mia's mom.

Being honest with you, I don't understand anything that is happening. It happened way too fast, and it's not easy to understand. Less than 3 hours ago, we were eating pizza. Now we're here, in a weird place in California with an injured Luke, a black-haired maniac, and a missing psychopath with Mia.

"Boys, your friend is really hurt. He seems to have three bullets, one in the chest, one in the arm, and lastly one in his back. I'm not sure if he'll make it, since the bullets might have reached a significant organ. We are uncertain if it damaged an organ, we'll have to leave it to the doctors. Meanwhile, we will look for the other lady and your friend. We want you to rest and stay calmed. Your friends are in good hands." One of the cops informed us.

If you didn't notice, Luke is on his way to the nearest hospital, Mia has been abducted by her own mother, Andrew is dead, and there's a black-haired girl who shot Luke and got arrested. I am with the lads and One Direction is in Michael's house, inspecting the house with the cops. I think we all know who threw the rock to the window and he arm with the note. It's quite obvious.

"Thank you sir. Please, find our friend, alive." Ashton replied.

"We will do he best we can. I hope your friend Luke gets better." The cop finally said and hoped in his patrol. Then he drove off the road. There were more cops in the place, but they were inspecting the scene.

"Guys, what are we going to do with Luke?" Michael asked.

"I don't know man, we have to record a EP in less than a month. Plus his birthday is in less than a week. I wish this was all a bad dream, you know." I told them. I really wish it was a dream. Can I please wake up from it?

==================

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! I'm updating again! Yay! I'll update later I think...

Thanks for reading! Love you <3

P.S. Sorry for any mistakes xD