S1E01: The Guardians Beginning (Part 1)

FADE IN:

INT. PAN BAUMAN'S ROOM - NIGHT

In a pink room, filled with stuffed animals and toys, PAN BAUMAN (red head nine year old girl) is tucked into bed while her MOTHER (also red head but middle age) reads her a bed time story. The story is about BUBBLES THE CLOWN.

PAN'S MOTHER

And with the help of his new friend, Bubbles found his balloons. The end.

Pan's mother closes the book, kisses Pan on the head, and gets off her bed.

PAN'S MOTHER (CONT'D)

Good night.

As Pan's mom is about to flick off the light switch, Pan springs out of her bed.

PAN BAUMAN

(panic)

Don't turn off the lights!

PAN'S MOTHER

(calming)

Oh? And why not?

PAN BAUMAN

(scared)

Because there's a monster in my closet!

Pan turns to her blinded purple closest, which is closed.

PAN'S MOTHER

Honey... There's no such thing as monsters.

Pan's mother flicks off the lights, plunging the room into darkness.

PAN BAUMAN

Now good night.

Pan's mom closes the door. The only source of light is coming from the window. Pan stares at the closet, covering her eyes with her blanket sheet. She peeks out from behind the blanket. The closet door is open. She admittedly covers her eyes again.

BUBBLES

Hey there!

Pan peeks again, then jumps up.

PAN BAUMAN

(excited)

Bubbles!

At the foot of the bed stands the clown from the picture book.

BUBBLES

Yep! It's me! Bubbles!

PAN BAUMAN

What are you doing here?

BUBBLES

I was on my way back to the circus when I decided to stop by my good friend Pan's house! Hey! Want to come to the circus with me?

PAN BAUMAN

How will we get there?

BUBBLES