S2E05: League of Psychics

INT. NEWS ROOM - NIGHT

In a finely furbished room, a NEWS WOMAN sits in a comfy chair, staring directly into the camera.

ANCHORWOMAN

Yet another psychic has been exposed as a fraud.

A graphic pops up next to the News Woman that depicts UBA GOODI, slim looking, shaved head looking man with piercings on his nose and ears.

ANCHORWOMAN

Television personality Uba Goodi rose to popularity through his day-time talk show, where he claimed to have read people's mind and channeled their deceased relatives.

The graphic cuts to live footage of Uba at one of his shows, resting his hand on the shoulder of an elderly woman in a wheelchair. He raises his other hand to his temples, as if communicating with telepathy.

ANCHORWOMAN

But last week, Uba was exposed as by a freud by none other than Roger Randy.

The camera pulls away to reveal ROGER RANDY, an elderly man with a white beard and a black painted cane. He sits across from the Anchorwoman.

ANCHORWOMAN

But don't take my word for it, let's hear it from the man himself, Roger Randy. Roger, thank you for coming on.

ROGER RANDY

My pleasure.

ANCHORWOMAN

So tell us, how Uba Goodi was able to fool so many people?

ROGER RANDY

The act was so simple that I almost feel ashamed for not figuring it out sooner. Yes, we see Uba going around his stage acting like he's talking to these people's dead relatives. (Motion graphic pops up again) But what we don't see is his ear piece, where he's being fed information by his producer. (Graphic shows a zoom in into Uba's ear where there's a ear piece sticking out). Uba would make his audience sign up for his show on Facebook, thus allowing his producer to read off any kind of personal information he would find on said person. Thus making Mr. Goodi look like an authentic psychic.

ANCHORWOMAN

Amazing. And this isn't the first time you've debunked the supernatural?

ROGER RANDY

That's right. I debunked the wave of alien reports five years back. And more recently I showed how VV Argost, the late host of Weird World, used puppets and tricks to fool his audience into thinking that cryptids were real.

ANCHORWOMAN

(turns to the camera)

Well, there you have it folks. You can rest assure if there is a hoaxer out there, Roger Randy is on the case.

INT. ROGER RANDY APARTMENT - NIGHT

Roger's apartment is dimly lit, with the exception of a light burning in another room. Randy enters the apartment, holding a bag in his hands.