S1E08: Hate Miser

EXT. CLEARING IN THE WOODS - NIGHT

Out in a clearing deep within the woods, a massive mob of people gather in front of a stage, where the HATE MISER, hooded man with rope tied around his waist, stand in the middle, holding out his hand to the crowd of people, who eyes we see are glowing purple.

HATE MISER

Come my children. The hour is at hand. Let my power flow through you. Let me inside your mind and let us, together, take down society. So that we shall rebuild it in our glorious image.

A ray of light shines down on Hate Miser, blinding him and the crowd as well. Elyon teleports in front of him.

ELYON

Oh really? Well, you'll have to go through us!

HATE MISER

What an odd specimen. I shall make you the perfect pawn!

Hate Miser pulls the rope off his wait to reveal it to be a lasso. He throws it at Elyon, but Danny appears in front of her and kicks the lasso away.

HATE MISER (CONT'D)

More of them!

Jetray and Jenny flies down behind Hate Miser.

JETRAY

And plenty more! Now Kim!

INT. RADIO TOWER - NIGHT

Near the clearing of people, in an old radio tower, Kim attaches a helmet to Zak's head.

ZAK

Um... Are you sure this will work?

KIM

Only for a second, but that's all we need!

Zak nods and concentrates. As he does, the bulbs on the helmet start to light up. Then, a wave shoots out of the helmet, spearing across the land and toward the gathering of people.

EXT. CLEARING IN THE WOODS

The wave hits each one of the entranced people in rows until it disintegrates up to Hate Miser and the team. The people snap out of their trance and fall to the ground, passed out.

HATE MISER

No! What have you done?

Hate Miser raises his hand to them, but nothing happens. Jetray then blasts Hate Miser with his neuroshock vision, throwing the villain off the stage and onto the ground. As he gets up, the other Guardians corner around him, all in their battle stances.

DANNY

Alright chump! The book club is over! Give up or face all of us!

Kim flies in with Zak dangling from her arms. They land and run over to the rest. Hate Miser laughs.

HATE MISER

Do you have any idea who I am? I'm the Hate Miser! Once I take control of someone's hate, they are nothing more than puppets!