S2E06: White Wolf Lodge

FADE IN:

EXT. SNOWY ROAD - NIGHT

The wind blows wildly as on an empty stretch of road in the middle of nowhere. The light of a truck dim through the pouring snow.

INT. TRUCK - NIGHT

The driver struggles to look beyond the foggy snow, all the while keeping himself awake by drinking coffee from a mug label "road life forever".

Out of nowhere, in front of him, a A WOMAN, wrapped in several blankets, walks out and onto the road. The trucker jumps back and gasps upon seeing the woman, causing him to slam on the breaks.

EXT. SNOWY ROAD - NIGHT

The woman turns to the truck as it makes a complete halt in front of her. The truck driver rolls down the window and sticks his head out.

TRUCKER

Hey you!

The girl then turns to the trucker.

INT. TRUCK - MOMENTS LATER

As the truck heads down the road, the girl in blankets sits passenger to the trucker, staring out the window.

TRUCKER

Now, don't you worry. There's a hotel up ahead that has a phone. You can call your parents or friends or whoever.

The girl turns to the driver, but then back to the window. The driver frowns at this, but goes back to focusing on driving.

EXT. WHITE WOLF LODGE - NIGHT

Sitting next to the road is WHITE WOLF LODGE, an old looking hotel, covered in snow. The truck pulls up to the empty lot, and its here we see the side of the truck says "computer shipping".

INT. LOBBY - NIGHT

The lobby of the hotel is a dimly lite room, decorated in crimson carpet, sheet covered furniture and cobwebs littered everywhere. The trucker pushes open the doors and he and the girl step inside. As the trucker pushes back on the doors, fighting against the wind, the girl runs away into the hotel.

TRUCKER

Wow. Look at this place. I don't think it's open. Wait here....

He turns back and notices the girl is gone. He shrugs and looks around the area. He spots a desk with a phone on it. He smiles and walks over to it. Up above on the second floor railing, something looks down at him, but then runs away. The trucker dials the phone.

TRUCKER (CONT'D)

(shouting)

Look, I'm going to have to call the police if you're not going to tell me...

Before he could finish dialing, the OPERATOR can be heard on the other line.

PHONE

I'm sorry, but the number you have just dialed cannot be reached. Please call back later.

TRUCKER