S1E05: The Mystery Returns

INT. COFFEE SHOP - DAY

Martin Mystery rests his head on his hand as he is barked at by an elderly woman.

ELDERLY WOMAN

I said I wanted an everything bagel! Why haven't you started making it yet?

MARTIN MYSTERY

I keep telling you, mame. We don't sell everything bagels here. You're probably thinking about the bagel shop down the street.

ELDERLY WOMAN

Don't yell at me! I've been a loyal costumer here for over twenty years, and I don't deserve to be yelled at!

MARTIN MYSTERY

This shop has only been open for a year, mame. Again, you're thinking of the bagel shop down the street.

Just then, the manager comes in.

MANAGER

Martin! What is the meaning of this? Why is this poor woman yelling?

ELDERLY WOMAN

Your employee was harassing me!

MARTIN MYSTERY

Excuse me?

MANAGER

Okay! That's it! You're on thin ice, Martin! Now go get this young lady her meal!

MARTIN MYSTERY

But... But...

MANAGER

Now!

Martin grinds his teeth and marches into the back room.

INT. BACK ROOM - DAY

Martin throws a bagel into a microwave and presses a button. He looks up, and sees a picture pinned to the wall. He takes it off and admires it. It's a picture of him, Diana and Java. Martin sighs and places the photo back onto the wall.

EXT. COFFEE SHOP - NIGHT

Martin exits the coffee shop while folding his uniform. Three men in shadow wait by the door. As Martin walks away from the shop, the men approach him.

MARTIN MYSTERY

We're not open. Try the twenty four hour coffee shop across the...

Just then, one of them men pulls out a rag and covers Martin's mouth with it. Martin struggles to get free, but the man's grip is too strong. Martin passes out in the man's grasp.

The other two men grab his feet and they carry him off towards a black van. The back of the van opens up, revealing two other men in the back seat. They hoist Martin into the truck. The other three men aboard the truck, and one of them slams the back door of the van shut.

EXT. MERIDIAN TOWN SQUARE - DAY

Peasants, farmers and villagers roam the square doing their daily routine. All of a sudden, a portal opens in the middle of the square, causing everyone to gasp and turn their attention towards it.