S2E08: The Burden on My Shoulder

EXT. REC CENTER - NIGHT

Establishing shot.

INT. REC CENTER

A sign reads "Ball Room Dancing Night". We see a couple of senior citizens ball room dancing. One couple, Francis and Mary Lee, appear to be having trouble. Francis keeps stopping and taking a breathe. A man walks over to them.

MAN

You all right, Lee?

FRANCIS LEE

Just a little tired out.

MAN

Rest your legs. I'll step in.

Lee looks at the man with disgust, but sighs and nods. He walks over to the door, and looks back. He sees his wife dancing with the other man. Lee takes a deep breathe and walks outside.

EXT. OLD BRIDGE - NIGHT

A homeless man shivers from the cold as he huddles himself with a bunch of newspapers. He hears something making noise, causing him to look up. There's nothing there.

He tries to go back to sleep, but he feels a presence. He looks up and sees two red eyes staring at him from on top of the bridge's roof. The man gasps. The red eyed creature drops down and tried to attack the homeless man.

All of a sudden, Kim swings in with her grappling hook and kicks the creature in the face.

KIM

Sir! Are you okay?

Just then, Ben (in the form of Brainstorm) jumps down from on top of the bridge, while Danny rises from the ground, Jenny flies in, Zak grapples over and Elyon teleports over. The homeless man screams and runs away. They face the red eyed creature.

KIM (CONT'D)

Listen up! It's six against one! Come with us and no one gets hurt!

The red eyed creature stares at them. He then runs away.

BRAINSTORM

No you don't!

Brainstorm unleashes a wave of electricity from his head, hitting the red eyed creature in the back and flinging him against a tree.

As they run over to the creature, it gets up, now pissed. It flies over to them, claws ready. Elyon casts a shield in front of them to block the attack. Danny then phases through the shield and punches the creature in the face.

The creature tries to swipe at Danny, but Danny dodges the attack. Elyon breaks the shield, allowing the other Guardians to join in. Jenny transforms her hands into Boxing Gloves and starts wailing on the creature. With each hit the creature gets weaker. Suddenly the creature falls to its knees and collapses.

The Guardians cheer in victory.

JENNY

Another bad guy stopped thanks to the Guardians!