5

Tyler

I mindlessly scribbled in my notebook as Mr. Briggs finished his lecture.

"What're you drawing, Brooks?" Leo asked glancing at my paper, but I slammed my notebook shut.

"Nothing." I mumbled sitting my pencil down.

"It didn't look like nothing." Leo smirked.

"A bunch of chicken scratch, then." I shrugged.

"Stop being selfish and let me see." He scoffed fighting me for the notebook.

"Gentlemen!" Mr. Briggs called from the front of the class.

Everyone turned to look at Leo and me, but we didn't stop pulling at the notebook.

"I've got this." Chase sighed walking over to us and thumping both of our foreheads before snatching the notebook away. "Focus."

"Why can't I just see what you were drawing?" Leo asked.

"Because it's private." I shook my head and class began again.

"Well, I'm your closest confidant..." Chase mumbled opening the notebook and before I could stop him, he was staring down at my scribbles.

It took him a second to figure out what it was, but by the time he had, Leo was flirting with the girl sitting behind us

It took him a second to figure out what it was, but by the time he had, Leo was flirting with the girl sitting behind us. Chase glanced up at me then back to the paper.

"Is this...?" He trailed off not wanting to finish the sentence because of Leo's presence.

"I don't know." I sighed. "I was paying attention."

He side eyed me as the bell rang and we began packing up.

"We'll pay attention now." He whispered shoving the drawing in my face. "That's Amari."

"It's not Amari." I rolled my eyes.

"Then who is it?" He asked annoyed.

"It could be any girl." I shrugged grabbing my notebook from his and shoving it in my book bag.

We walked out of the classroom and down the hall towards Naomi's locker.

"It could even be Naomi." I said quietly as we approached her.

"Hi Tyler." She smiled happily.