36

Tyler
That Weekend

Amari and I were officially official.

We hadn't gone on our first date or anything, but everyone knew about us now.

Naomi wasn't happy about it, but oh well.

Jake was surprisingly okay with the idea. Supportive, really.

I still didn't like him.

Hunter felt bad for Amari, but was happy for me.

Mom was all for it and Amari's parents were content with the idea. Happy she'd be happy.

Dad didn't know and I didn't care to tell him.

He was never a big supporter of my best friend being a girl, but he loved Amari either way.

Well, as much love as he was capable of.

"Tyler, your Dad is going to be here any minute." Mom yelled through my door.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back.

I slipped my jacket on before walking over to my mirror and fixing myself.

I left my room and walked into the living room where Hunter and Dad sat talking

"Where's Mom?" I asked.

"She's getting ready to head out." Hunter said.

"Where's she going?" Dad and I asked at the same time.

I rolled my eyes and stared at Hunter.

"I'm not answering that because my Mother is an adult and can leave her home whenever she'd like." Hunter said standing up. "Y'all are not putting gas in her car."

"Exactly!" Mom agreed walking into the living room. "Let them know something."

She was putting her earrings on. She was dressed in a fitted dress and some really skinny heels. Her hair was a messy type of curly and her makeup was bold.

"Tyler, I'll be back either late tonight or early tomorrow. If I'm not back, call Char. I've probably been kidnapped and can you really blame them?" She motioned to herself. "Two kids and I'm still this fine."

She kissed my cheek before kissing Hunter's and she walked out the house behind us. Dad drove to Grandpa's hotel.

Grandpa literally owned the hotel.