28

Tyler

New Years Eve came and with it came parties, worry, and regrets. Parties to celebrate the New Year and the growth we all experienced during the last year. Worry about what you'll do in the upcoming year, who you'll be with, what you'll learn, and what you'll experience. Regrets about what you had done in the last year. You suddenly realise that you've literally wasted 365 days on nothing, but petty problems. Temporary problems.

"Tyler, hurry and get dressed or we won't make it to dinner on time." Amari said as she rushed around the hotel room getting ready for our conjoined family dinner.

She looked stunning in the red dress she had chosen.

We were going to some big restaurant that Mr

We were going to some big restaurant that Mr. Rose had read about a few months ago. He was dying to try the food there.

"I hope they don't try to feed me any slugs or we'll have a problem." Hunter mumbled fixing his tux in the full length mirror hanging on the wall.

"Like you'd know. The menu is probably in French anyway." Amari said standing beside him and examining herself.

Why do people have to look at themselves when they're getting dressed? Why not wear things simply for the comfort and not the fit?

"Jokes on you. Mom reads aloud and she knows a bit of french." Hunter nudged Amari. "I'll just sit next to her. Now get your boyfriend before we're late."

They both looked at me through the mirror. I had on my suit pants and a white button down that wasn't buttoned up. I wasn't exactly in the mood for a big family dinner out in public.

"Tyler, hurry up." Amari said as we made eye contact. "We have to meet the reservation in an hour."

"I'm not hungry." I shrugged.

"You don't have to eat. You just have to be there." Hunter said.

"You know you can legally drink here." Amari pointed out. "If you don't eat I'm not letting you drink at the party."

"He's still upset about that argument between him and Dad." Hunter mumbled. "Grow up."

"Shut up." I mocked his annoyed tone.

"Don't talk to me like that." Hunter said turning to look at me.

"I can talk to you however I want." I argued.

"Amari get your boyfriend before he gets beat up and I get locked away in an out of country high security prison."  Hunter said shoving Amari in front of him before jumping at me.