17

Amari

"What the fuck..." Naomi said shocked as she stared at us.

I sat up and rolled my eyes. Why did she have to ruin everything? I started to climb off of Tyler, but he quickly grabbed my hands.

"Don't go." He said quickly.

"I'm going to go help Lana with whatever." I sighed gently pulling my hands out of his.

I stood to my feet and Naomi slammed the door shut.

"You think you're just going to leave? You think I'm going to let you?" She scoffed. "What the hell is this?"

"Naomi, mind your business." Tyler said slipping his shirt back on.

"Tyler, we're involved. This is my business." Naomi snapped at him. "You two are hooking up?"

"Does it matter?" I rolled my eyes.

"It does. I need to know what to tell everyone." Naomi smirked. "You know, for when I actually tell everyone."

I looked back at Tyler and he was already staring at me.

"You can't tell everyone." I shook my head. "I'm seeing someone and Tyler is... Well, Tyler."

"I can tell whoever I want and I will." Naomi shrugged.

"Naomi, grow up." Tyler groaned walking over to me.

"No, you two grow up. Who still cheats? That's played out!" Naomi hissed. "Screw you both. When I'm done with you, you're going to..."

"To what?" I scoffed. "Wish we had never gotten involved? Wish we had never met you? You're a little too late for all of that, don't you think?"

"I'd watch my mouth if I were you." Naomi said. "You probably don't care what the kids at school will think, but what about Jake? What'll Mr. Perfect think once he finds out that you're just like the rest of us?"

I stared at her for a moment. I really like Jake, but did I like him more than Tyler? Would he even believe Naomi? How would he react to this? Why had I gotten involved in the first place? I knew I had feelings for Tyler. Why did I string Jake along? I didn't want to him, but I didn't want to lose anything either. Is Tyler even worth it? What was Tyler anyway besides a guy that'll give me false hope when I begin to drift away and push me out of his life when I fall for him?

Do I go for a Fairytale or the blunt Truth?

Tyler

She was thinking it over.

What was there to think about? Why won't she just be done with Jake? The guys too good to be true! I mean, how many guys honestly wait until they're 18 to have sex and still turn down a girl like Amari? None!

Why isn't she talking? Did she really want Jake over me?

You're just her friend now, remember?

Besides, you can't be with her. It'll ruin everything.

It'll ruin your Mom.

There's so much more factoring into you two than just the two of you.

Jake and Amari.

Lana and Chase will hate you two for not telling them.

Not to mention your parent's relationships.

Hunter and Amari.

Your Mom and Amari.

Your Mom and you.

Keep pushing her away before someone gets hurt.

You can handle the heartbreak, but can they?

Just like old times, Tyler.

"Just keep your mouth shut Naomi." I spoke up. "We won't do it again. Just keep this to yourself, okay?"

Amari and Naomi turned to look at me.

"How do I know you'll keep your promise?" Naomi asked.

I shrugged.

"You'll just have to take my word for it." I said glancing over to Amari.

"I'm not an idiot." Naomi scoffed. "If you want me to keep my mouth shut, you two need to stay away from each other."

"We're not doing that." Amari laughed. "He's my best friend."

"Not anymore." Naomi smirked. "Unless you don't care about losing Jake."

Amari bit her lip and glanced at me.

I didn't want her with Jake, but if that's who she wanted, I supported it.

If she was over me, that was okay.

I had plans on prying those two apart, but I refuse to let Naomi do it for me. I refuse to let Naomi have final call over Amari and Jake.

Before she could speak up, I spoke for us.

"Fine." I shrugged. "Fine. Let's go."

I opened the door and Naomi gave Amari a smirk before walking out of the room. I followed behind her and shut the door behind me.

I guess Jake won.

————————

I have plans that I need to write down or else this book might go down hill, honestly.

Y'all don't know how many drafts I've written of the same story. At this point, even I'm a little annoyed with some of the characters. Lmao.