14

Tyler

Last hour came and went and soon I was at after school Football practice still distracted by what Lana had said.

You're not good for her.

I wanted to be good for her, but at the same time, I didn't want things to change. I had known Amari for far too long. It was Senior year. Soon we were going to two totally different colleges and only seeing each other on holidays. If I risked it all now, there would be no coming back from whatever mess up awaited us. I thought it'd be easier to fool around, but we went and caught feelings instead. I should've just left her alone in the first place. Maybe then she wouldn't have met Jake, that pain in the ass, and left me behind.

"Brooks! Head in the game!" Coach yelled walking onto the field.

I tied my cleats and rushed over to the other guys.

"6 laps around the field. Go!" Coach blew his whistle and we all jogged off.

"Someone seems distracted." Leo said jogging beside me.

"I'm not." I shook my head. "Where's Chase?"

"He didn't stay after." Leo said. "He had a Doctors appointment."

I nodded.

"Anyway, how are things with Naomi?" Leo asked.

"Things are fine." I shrugged. "Not serious, but they're fine."

"Mm." He hummed nodding. "And Amari?"

"What is this? An interrogation?" I stopped jogging and looked at him.

Leo chuckled and stopped jogging too.

"Dude, it's just a question." He shook his head. "I'm just curious to see which one is available."

"Neither." I said getting defensive. "You don't have a chance with either one. Why would you want one of them anyway?"

"Well, Naomi's an easy hook up and, if I'm being honest, Amari looks like a good time." He laughed. "I bet she goes crazy when she..." I cut him off with a punch to his jaw.

Leo fell back and regained himself before shoving me.

"Woah!" Collin yelled running over to us and pushing us apart before we could jump on each other.

The other guys all huddled around us while Coach barked orders that no one listened to.

"What the hell is going on?" Coach yelled from down the field, but everyone ignored him.

"You're going to regret that, Brooks." Leo spat.

"Get some manners, asshole." I shook my head. "And a brain. You don't stand a chance with either of them."

"Either of who?" Collin asked.

"Someone's a little touchy about his girlfriend." Leo laughed. "Naomi is a team player. You knew that."

"Still doesn't give you the right to disrespect her." I scoffed and shook my head preparing to walk away.

"Or were you about to cry about Amari?" Leo asked causing me to pause. "Because I heard she doesn't tolerate you anymore. I heard that you just aren't her type. I heard that she's with some dweeb now. Is that what's got you all distracted? You told her about how you've been in love with her since 3rd grade and she laughed in your face?"