6

Tyler

I walked into school exhausted. Amari was acting weird all morning and wouldn't tell me why. She talked to Hunter more than me and that's definitely not normal. Usually it's her and me planning how to make Hunter's life the worst.

"Ty!" Naomi called as she grabbed onto my arm. "Hey baby."

She reached up and pulled my face to hers before kissing my lips. I lazily kissed back.

"So, your parents come back Today." She started. "Don't you want to invite me over for dinner so I can meet them?"

"My parents are very busy people. I doubt they have time to meet my latest conquest." I laughed.

"Latest conquest?" She asked. "Is that what we're calling each other? When are we just going to make it official, Tyler?"

"I don't know, Naomi." I sighed. "I think what we're doing is fun for now."

"Fun?" She asked angrily. "Fine. Well, allow me to go have all the fun I want."

And with that, she stormed off.

"Trouble in paradise?" Chase asked walking over to me with Collin.

"She's upset because I don't think we need to be official yet." I shrugged.

"Yet?" Collin asked as we headed towards the field. "As in, one day, but not now?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "I mean, I think."

"Wow." Chase mumbled. "Here I was thinking you'd be single forever!"

"Look at me." I said. "Do you really think I could be single forever?"

"He's right." Collin nodded. "I definitely thought it would be Amari."

Chase and Collin shared a laugh and I rolled my eyes. When we made it onto the field, my eyes immediately landed on a giggling Amari. Jason wore the biggest smile as he talked to Amari. What would it take to get rid of this guy? I began to walk over to them when Chase stopped me.

"Let it be." He said simply and we walked to the opposite end of the field.

"Why is she out here with him?" I asked annoyed.

"Probably because gym is also her first class period." Collin said smartly and I glared at him. "Sorry."

"Tyler, chill out. Weren't you just talking about how you wanted to make things official with Naomi?" Chase asked.

"No..." I mumbled not wanting to talk about this anymore.

Amari

Why didn't he come over here? Why didn't he curse at Jason? Did he not care anymore? It took everything within me to not go over to Tyler and curse at him for not cursing at me. Jason was talking, but I wasn't listening. I just wanted to see how Tyler would react.

"Brooks and Rose!" Coach Bowman called. "We're playing soccer and you two are our captains. A little friendly competition between friends, huh?" He laughed.