25

Amari

"Look at her." I heard Hunter say to Tyler as he pointed at some girl.

We were sitting in a restaurant called Nando's. I don't think we have this back home, but Angel insists that it's the best restaurant. Tyler has decided not to talk to me or sit beside me, so I was sitting beside Angel instead. This worked out well for us. Angel was sitting across from Hunter so he had full access to Hunter's face and I was sitting across from Tyler and could bathe in his jealousy.

"Is that all you two are going to talk about? Girls?" I asked annoyed.

"If we want." Tyler glared at me. "Angelo, what type of girl do you like?"

"Does it matter?" I glared at Tyler.

Why did he have to put Angel on the spot like that?

"Of course not. We're just trying to include him in our conversation." Tyler shrugged.

"Angel, I could definitely see you with her." Hunter nodded in the direction of a tall brunette girl who had been staring over at our table.

She quickly looked away when we looked over at her.

"I don't know..." Angel said nervously.

"She's staring at you." Hunter said.

"No. She's staring at you." I pointed to Hunter.

He seemed to be very popular amongst the British.

"Really?" He asked fixing his hair. "Should I go talk to her?"

"Duh." Tyler said.

"No." I said and everyone looked at me. "Hunter, she's probably too old for you."

"Uh, I'm a guy. I don't care if she's too old for me." He shook his head. "Amateur."

He stood up and casually walked over to the girl. A big smile spread across her face as he talked to her and we all watched carefully. She reached into her bag and pulled out a marker before writing on Hunter's hand. He said something and she giggled then he walked away.

"Check it out." He showed us the black ink on his hand. "Her name is Vanessa and she likes my accent."

Angel chewed his lip. He looked uncomfortable and I knew I had to speak up.

"Ew." I shook my head.

"Is someone jealous because she hasn't gotten anyone's phone number?" Hunter asked amused.

"No. I just don't like the name Vanessa." I shrugged and glanced over to Angel who looked more relaxed.

"I bet you like the name Angela so much better, right?" Tyler asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Actually, I do." I nodded. "Is that a problem?"

"Actually it is." Tyler mocked me.

Hunter

We listened to Tyler and Amari bicker back and forth as if they were a married couple. How did it come to this? They had just been sharing their deserts and now they were arguing. They were so weird.