40

Tyler

Weeks had passed and Amari and I weren't talking to each other.

We weren't hanging out.

We weren't even looking at each other when we passed each other in the hallways at school.

She looked like she had somehow gotten over our breakup over night and it made me mad to think that she had.

Did she not care about what we had?

"Tyler..." Danielle mumbled in her sleep. "Turn that light off."

I really hadn't done anything with Danielle when Amari accused me of it. Even now, I hadn't slept with her. I just liked her company.

Danielle didn't mind either. She didn't know about me and Amari, but she didn't mind listening to me complain about it. Danielle was to me what Amari had been before we started sleeping together.

"Sorry." I mumbled flipping the table lamp off and staring at the tv as it played whatever movie Danielle had put it on.

"You need to go to sleep." Danielle laughed tiredly. "You do have a Football game Tomorrow."

"Yeah, I know." I sighed. "Yeah. You're right."

I laid down and she moved closer to me.

Amari

"I'm gonna go get a drink. Want anything?" Lana yelled over the music.

"No!" I shook my cup at her.

She danced into the kitchen and I danced deeper into the crowd.

"Hey!" I yelled and pointed at Tyler's friend, Collins.

"Hey!" He smiled dancing over to me.

"Dance with me." I grabbed his shirt and pulled him with me.

We started dancing allowing our bodies to move in sync.

I wondered if Tyler would get mad if he saw us like this?

Actually, no I didn't.

I didn't care about that asshole anymore.

Good riddance.

Tyler

Next Day

We were at Football practice and Coach was not taking it easy on us. Apparently some guy on the team had gotten busted for underage drinking and Coach was pissed.

"Why weren't you at Mina's party last night?" Chase asked.

"I was with Danielle." I said slowing down my pace.

"Oh yeah." He nodded. "So you two are like a thing now?"

"No." I shook my head. "No. I just got out of a relationship. I need to learn to be with myself first."