24

Amari

The day after Christmas we all went back home.

Jake had to go back to his Aunt's because she was still planning for when we'd go visit his mom.

Tyler and Hunter has originally come over here, but after our Parents surprised us with a trip to London for New Years, they rushed home to start their packing.

They had chosen France because the New York flights were fully booked, but they wanted to take us traveling for New Years regardless.

This meant that I not only had to unpack my bags from the Cabin and do laundry, I also had to repack a bag for London.

Stressful.

Four Days before New Years

We all sat tiredly in the airport waiting for our flight to board. Hunter and Tyler were play Call of Duty on their phones and quietly arguing with one another as I listened to my music. Our Parents had went off to buy snacks and gum for the flight.

"Okay. We have mint and sour patch kid flavored!" Dad waved the two packs of gum and I held my hands out as he tossed the mint pack to me.

"This isn't the one I want." I said holding the pack up.

"You're not getting this. You'll eat them all." He said popping a piece of gum in his mouth.

"Just one?" I asked and he handed me a piece as Hunter grabbed the mint gum from my hands.

"Mint is great." Hunter said. "Especially when you're tired and don't want to go back to sleep."

"Or when you're about to demolish your little brother in Call of Duty." Tyler laughed grabbing a piece of mint gum.

After Landing

Tiredly we all walked out of the airport and to the car Mr. Brooks had rented. Hunter was woozy due to the sleeping pills he had taken for the flight. He was afraid of planes, yet that didn't stop him from fighting me for the window seat and singing I'm Going Down by Mary J Blige.

"Come on..." I mumbled helping Hunter navigate through the airport.

"Shh..." He put a finger against my lips. "Don't talk so loud. Look at that!"

He looked at something behind us and suddenly he felt so much heavier.

"Come on. Pay attention before we..." I stopped talking when we bumped into something and Hunter and I both fell. "Get hurt." I finished my sentence.

"I'm sorry!" A strong British accent spoke up.

I opened my eyes and saw a guy starting to stand up. He helped me up before we both helped Hunter up who was sprawled out on the floor as if he had been seriously hurt.

"Your boyfriend is quite over dramatic." The stranger laughed when we finally got Hunter to his feet.

"He's not my boyfriend." I shook my head. "More of a brother."

"Well, your brother is quite over dramatic." He fixed his sentence.

"That he is." I laughed.