23

Tyler

"Tyler..." Someone shakes me out of my sleep.

When I don't reply, they do it again.

"Tyler..." This time they sound more annoyed.

Can I ever just get one good nights rest without someone waking me?

With a groan, I sit up to be face to face with an angry Naomi.

"What?" I ask annoyed and tired.

"What is this?" She motions towards a sleeping Amari laying beside me.

A small smile spread across my face as I stare down at her. How can someone be so perfect for me? It was like she was tailored made for me, yet I couldn't even have her.

"It's..." I thought about it. "A sleepover."

"This entire cabin is a sleepover." Naomi rolled her eyes. "Why're you laying down here with her instead of in your bed with me? What? You didn't think I was serious about telling Jake?"

I knew she was serious. I was just contemplating how likely Jake was to actually believe her.

"We're just sleeping, Naomi." I rolled my eyes and held onto my head.

She was giving me a headache and not in a good way.

"Just the two of you. In front of the fake fireplace. On a blow up mattress." Naomi said with a dull tone in her voice. "Do you not see how romantic this scene is?"

"Would it make you feel better if Hunter also sleeps on here?" I asked with a fake smile that I knew she could see through.

"It'll make me feel better if you just came upstairs." She copied my fake smile.

"I'm not so...." I shrugged.

"Fine." Naomi nodded. "I've got something for you."

And just as quickly had she came, she disappeared back upstairs.

Amari

Waking up wrapped in Tyler's arms on Christmas morning was all I asked Santa for and he delivered. I didn't want to move and have him flip over. I didn't want to breath to deeply and wake him. I just wanted to lay here on the blow up mattress in the living room with Tyler.

Of course the moment was a little less romantic because halfway through the night Hunter decided to lay with us, but that didn't stop my heart from pounding whenever Tyler would breath onto my neck. I turned in his arms and snuggled closer to his chest taking in the scent I had been smelling all my life. It never made me feel like this before...

A sigh escaped my lips and I look up at his face only to have my eyes fall on his sketch pad sitting beneath his pillow. I gently pull it from it's hiding spot and stare at the sketches on the page.

 I gently pull it from it's hiding spot and stare at the sketches on the page